Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to run mine, but two local fallers got to demo some at the first part of the year and are still running them. That is really good. The first thing they did add, was that they felt like a real bar, not flimsy like the Oregon RWs.

I have yet to run mine, but two local fallers got to demo some at the first part of the year and are still running them. That is really good. The first thing they did add, was that they felt like a real bar, not flimsy like the Oregon RWs.

That is really good to hear. I want some 28" bars for the modded 441's we are running, should make for a nice light package.

Sam

That does sound like a nicely balanced piece of business. :clap:

Right now they are front heavy with the 28" .... which I like, but if the bar will knock around a pound off, it would be worth it in the hilly stuff for sure. Right now we're on flat bottom ground and it doesn't really make much difference what you carry around, 441 or 660 with 28" bar isn't so bad on flat ground, but hilly stuff sure makes a difference.

The main thing is, will they handle the abuse. I have handled a saw with the Oregon RW 28" bar and it was nice and lighter, but they sure seem like they could/would bend easy. So I never bought into them, that and I'm quite racist against Oregon anything at this point, LOL.

If some loggers have tried these and they are still using them, surely they can stand up to some abuse.

Later,

Sam

That's good news. I tried the Oregon RW bar. It didn't do too well.

I wish they would make a 24/25" light.

They do...kind of...

The 3003 000 4030 25" bar is a narrow profile bar with a 10T nose. It is even lo-kickback rated. I have one on my 660 and I like it fairly well. It is the bar on the saw in my MS 660 superstock thread.

I modified the studs of the 880. It will fit small mount.

This may be dumb of me, did you mod the bottom of studs to get the oil
hole to line up. or does it oil the side or top of chain?

Have you heard about this, 880 has had some changes!

Anybody on the east coast have any luck finding any of these bars?

Back