The best 2 cycle chainsaw oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any problem use once LS and then XP. On XP and then LS ? I read that when you use LS you have no worry and use XP but not in other way.

LS, XP,,,,, XP, LS,,,, what the hey!!!! either way its EIEIO!!!!!!! :monkeyn:

Is this really another Oil Tred????? Gary is gonna be PiZZed!!!!!!

Thanks to Sam I'm switching to Amsoil Sabre. The cost compared to Stihl Ultra is great. Something good came out of an oil thread after all. lol

My local dealer has Redmax oil and it's what I've used for a couple years now and well...my machines run well and aint seized, so it must be good! I've not noticed any plug fouling either. But like they say, a good name, synthetic oil will be fine- they're all basically the same anyway!

I use Alco 50:1 full synthetic in all my 2 cycle equipment. Made in Memphis and sold by Tractor Supply and others.Good stuff. A couple or three of years ago I called Alco asking where I could buy thier oil, my local TSC didn't have any, they offered to sell me a case direct. I don't know wheather it has a shelf life or not, often wondered. I only keep on hand a limited amount .
Kurf

I use original stihl oil 1:50 on my 064av and im about to try some husqvarna oil cos its cheaper than the stihl, anyone tried husky oil?

the best 2 cycle oil

Thanks for all the input. I have decieded that lucas 2 cycle oil is a great combination of price and quality that cannot be beat. It has realy good lubricity and burns very clean. Thanks for all of your opinions and suggestions.

I like the pre-measured bottles of OPE oil. Just pour it in a gallon of gas and go. No need to carry a Ratio Rite cup when you go cutting. Just one less thing to mess with. IMHO.

Thanks for all the input. I have decieded that lucas 2 cycle oil is a great combination of price and quality that cannot be beat. It has realy good lubricity and burns very clean. Thanks for all of your opinions and suggestions.

Yeah thats what ive been using, anyone else burn this stuff?

Oil

This should get interesting.Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, and many other manufactures make an excellent product. However, they do not make the best oils.I have read many articles on this topic and Amsoil (40/1) is the one for me.What about Arbor pro from baileys?I will make a bet that they use the same mixture as the manufactures of the saws. JMO Ken

So is everyone getting the Klotz online or can it be found local? Also which Klotz is the best to run I always mix whatever oil with Shell 93.

I also usually just get the smallest containers that mix with 1 gallon cause I usually dont use more then 1 gallon at a time. I have some of the Stihl HP ultra ones that mix 2.5 gal that are sitting around cause I dont want to have old gas sitting around. I would think it wouldnt be good to open the mix container then leave it sitting around awhile. You guys that buy the quarts of it do you mix it all at once?

Hey john,

I do not mix the whole quart. You mix the proper amount for 40 - 1 or 50-1 gas. Oil go bad? Dyno is millions of years old already. Synthetic should last at least 5.

Confused how to measure your oil? Its cool, happens to the best of us...

Oil mix Calculator

40-1 is 3.2 oz of oil. one gal gas
50-1 is 2.56 oz of oil. one gal gas.

Should have asked this before I shipped your other pipe. I could have made you a Stainless steel cylinder for measuring your oil. You can get a graduated cylinder out of plastic if you like. Or just use one of your small stihl bottles and keep refilling it.

Your 361 mod is on its way. Just follow the instructions I put in there.

Back