My custom spikes for my new Poulan Pro 330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I hated that big funky half dog that came on this saw so off to the drawing board and then to the laser. They are copied off a stock small inner dog off a Stihl 460 and made out of 1/8" stainless.

Also thanks to Baileys for getting me a 16" powermatch 3/8 bar in a 041 mount wearing a loop of square chisel makes this thing a much more usable saw than the stock setup.

PP330

PP330

That looks like it will work awesome. Way better than the goofy one that they come with. I'm going to have to do something like that. Thanks for the idea.

Those look good. For the guys that want to great rid of the stock big dog but don't want to make a new one. Poulan part # 530027184 is a smaller stock dog to fit that series of saw. It came stock on the earlier 285/305/335 saws.

Last edited:
I hated that big funky half dog that came on this saw so off to the drawing board and then to the laser. They are copied off a stock small inner dog off a Stihl 460 and made out of 1/8" stainless.

Very nice!!! I've never understood the need for those absurd large dawgs anyway.

rbmopar send me a pm with your address and I will send you one if you want. I made a few extras.

reped ya for that!

Wish I could get a PP330 for that money around here. But no chance.

haha looks like a solid saw but it really sucks. i love how poulan pro's look like a big box made of plastic. home owner grade saws are heavy and not verry reliable.

i once had a chain fall off a poulan pro like the TS's one and it nearly cut my arm off. i think poulans are a waste of money. there are far better saws out there for only $100-$200 more then what that one costs. i just bought a husqvarna 435 40cc with a full size 16 bar for under $300. it's far better then any poulan pro's. to be honest. im scared of any saw with a plastic sprocket cover like homelites and poulans. what are they thinking? :eek::monkey:

Last edited:
The 330 poulan has a metal crankcase I think. I had to put a piston in one, and parts are reasonably priced.

haha looks like a solid saw but it really sucks. i love how poulan pro's look like a big box made of plastic. home owner grade saws are heavy and not verry reliable.

i once had a chain fall off a poulan pro like the TS's one and it nearly cut my arm off. i think poulans are a waste of money. there are far better saws out there for only $100-$200 more then what that one costs. i just bought a husqvarna 435 40cc with a full size 16 bar for under $300. it's far better then any poulan pro's. to be honest. im scared of any saw with a plastic sprocket cover like homelites and poulans. what are they thinking? :eek::monkey:

yea todays homelites but you take the old magnesium body type homelites from yesteryear you have top quality there

by the way poulan is owned by husqvarna in case you did not know that i been working on poulans since 1988 so i know my stuff

Last edited:

I donot believe you are informed correctly about the model! We are talking about the last of the pro/semi pro grade saws made under the poulan pro name! Not the warehouse junk from today! Probably the best buy out there at the moment! I would get one if it were fesable in any way.

You were faster LMT37! :laugh:

I donot believe you are informed correctly about the model! We are talking about the last of the pro/semi pro grade saws made under the poulan pro name! Not the warehouse junk from today! Probably the best buy out there at the moment! I would get one if it were fesable in any way.

You were faster LMT37!
:laugh:

have not got anything else to do orders been caught up waiting patiently to have at least 40 orders come in to give me some work hoping that next week will be much busier than this week has been one slowest week i ever saw

have not got anything else to do orders been caught up waiting patiently to have at least 40 orders come in to give me some work hoping that next week will be much busier than this week has been one slowest week i ever saw

I'm also at work doing a 48h weekend shift.

Another 20 year old who knows all there is to know? I guess Stihl don't produce any good saws either since some of them have plastic clutch covers.

Back