My custom spikes for my new Poulan Pro 330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hacked on the old set a little

I decided to cut a little with the sawzall and grinder. Maybe not the prettiest thing in the world, but they should be functional and not shorten the bar too much.

They cut surprisingly easy.

IMG_2599.jpg

I tried to replicate the original. I think I may try to trace out four or five "teeth" on the next set. More like the OP's

I just got home tonight and I had a envelope with ZT900's PP330 spike in it. It looks great and is a perfect fit. I am looking forward to using it soon, but it looks like a big improvement. I guess they put that original monster on the saw to make the 22" bar a little shorter.

A big thanks for so generously sharing it. :clap:

Dave

I just got home tonight and I had a envelope with ZT900's PP330 spike in it. It looks great and is a perfect fit. I am looking forward to using it soon, but it looks like a big improvement. I guess they put that original monster on the saw to make the 22" bar a little shorter.

A big thanks for so generously sharing it. :clap:

Dave

Yep that spike and 22" bar was a marketing genius! Sell it with a bigger bar so the buyer thinks he's really getting something then put a spike on it so big that the saw can actually do something with that bar!

I also got the spike from ZR today and what a nice job for sure. Awful nice of that guy for sure.

Lots of nice guys around here :cheers:

My Poulan 330.

I bought me a 330 about a week ago and have used it about an hour since then. I have bucked 12 logs with it. 2 16' maples 20" dia., 3 16' green hickory 16" - 20" dia., 7 16' seasoned white oak 16" - 21" dia. The saw cuts wonderful and fast. Very happy with its performance.

:chainsawguy:

Yep they're built just as solid as any other "pro" mid-range saw is. All metal and nice and sturdy. I like the looks of those spikes. I just modded some random old set that I had kicking around to use for my 335, but they are a bit big and aggressive still. Those spikes look pretty similar to the ones on my old 041 - maybe I should trace those and then design a custom mount for it, since I don't have a 460 kicking around... I have plenty of 1/8" bandsaw steel pieces, they work beautifully for these. Not stainless though, but still better than soft steel.

I'm a little late with this, but i have been busy farming. I got the spikes on my 330 and they work great. Thanks a lot ZR. You will have to let me know when you need any parts or anything. I have a lot of stuff laying around here.

Randy.

Back