My custom spikes for my new Poulan Pro 330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and yes stihl does make some cheap, crappy saws. no i am not a 20 year old know it all. I ALMOST LOST MY ARM ON A POULAN. thats why i dont like them.
i thought the saw he modded is a cheapo poulan from lows. those things suck.

i wouldent say that particular model husqy is junk unless it was a factory defect like the poulan. the poulan that almost cut my arm off had a faulty chain gaurd so when the chain broke it snaped back and cut my wrist open. the little metal chain gaurd didn't help becuase it broke off and was made of cheap metal. the husqy's seem to be made of a stronger metal.

i wouldent say that particular model husqy is junk unless it was a factory defect like the poulan. the poulan that almost cut my arm off had a faulty chain gaurd so when the chain broke it snaped back and cut my wrist open. the little metal chain gaurd didn't help becuase it broke off and was made of cheap metal. the husqy's seem to be made of a stronger metal.

Your first post said the chain fell off, now you say the chain broke. You want to get your story straight?

In the mean time remember chainsaws are dangerous so be carefull. I hope the chain on the Husky don't break, or fall off either.

and yes stihl does make some cheap, crappy saws. no i am not a 20 year old know it all. I ALMOST LOST MY ARM ON A POULAN. thats why i dont like them.

I've never heard of a cs throwing it's chain without any reason. As far as I have understood it is usually that the bar nuts aren't tightened properly.

Thankfully nothing severely happend.

There is nothing further to add to what modified said!

Have to rep ja modified!

Last edited:
First, that saw looks awesome with that bar and the new spikes, not that they weren't before.
Second, In response to this:
"haha looks like a solid saw but it really sucks. i love how poulan pro's look like a big box made of plastic. home owner grade saws are heavy and not verry reliable.

i once had a chain fall off a poulan pro like the TS's one and it nearly cut my arm off. i think poulans are a waste of money. there are far better saws out there for only $100-$200 more then what that one costs. i just bought a husqvarna 435 40cc with a full size 16 bar for under $300. it's far better then any poulan pro's. to be honest. im scared of any saw with a plastic sprocket cover like homelites and poulans. what are they thinking?"

Have you read the 9 page threads of guys who actually know about this saw? Maybe if you did you wouldnt be making these comments. Im not gonna waste my time listing the features of the 330, but know its well built saw. By the way where did you buy your Husky? just curious. Oh and the "metal" is called magnesium.

well then dont spouat off about somthing that you assume, and BTW you great husky brand has, indeed made saws, EVEN PRO XP saws with uhhh ohhh plastic clutch covers.... man, guess husky and stihl are jusk too, anyone want one of my "junk" stihls?

BTW a chain wont come off unless you have it too loose or you are using it improperly, either way, its not the saws fault you dont know what you are doing. I had a poulan 475 pro that I would put against ANY stock "real pro" 70cc class saw you have.

The only thing cheap about those 330's are the price. I bought 3 of them. One is mine, the other 2 are Christmas presents.

That saw is a 20 year old design. I have a Craftsman 46cc that is the same design. I have run it hard and taken good care of it and it still runs and cuts great. Does anyone know if the dogs from the 2800 or 3300 series Poulans will work on the 330.

Btw nice work on the dogs. Did you make them on a plasma cutter?

haha looks like a solid saw but it really sucks. i love how poulan pro's look like a big box made of plastic. home owner grade saws are heavy and not verry reliable.

i once had a chain fall off a poulan pro like the TS's one and it nearly cut my arm off. i think poulans are a waste of money. there are far better saws out there for only $100-$200 more then what that one costs. i just bought a husqvarna 435 40cc with a full size 16 bar for under $300. it's far better then any poulan pro's. to be honest. im scared of any saw with a plastic sprocket cover like homelites and poulans. what are they thinking? :eek::monkey:

Sometimes it's better to be listening and learning that typing and showing how little you actually do know. As for the Husky 435....why don't you compare the specifications to the Poulan Wildthing....hate to tell ya but it's very close to the same saw.

GREAT JOB on the spikes...If you make anymore I'd like to purchase one.

Last edited:
The only thing cheap about those 330's are the price. I bought 3 of them. One is mine, the other 2 are Christmas presents.
Btw nice work on the dogs. Did you make them on a plasma cutter?

Am I on your present list?:laugh:

I sure hope so because that is an awsome christmas present! Have to rep ya for giving away cool presents!

As far as I understood
I hated that big funky half dog that came on this saw so off to the drawing board and then to the laser. They are copied off a stock small inner dog off a Stihl 460 and made out of 1/8" stainless.
they were cut out of sheet metal with a laser.

...As for the Husky 435....why don't you compare the specifications to the Poulan Wildthing....hate to tell ya but it's very close to the same saw.

Careful my friend! Don't shatter his vision of the world totaly! He might never pickup a cs again if he finds out the grip is also out of plastic! You know it might break off during a kickback situation! ;)

Last edited:
If they were cut on a plasma, I was hoping there was a way of forwarding the program. I would have had the guys in my shop put them on the page when ever they cut something out of 10 guage. Whenever I get the time to mess with my new toy, I might have the shop program a dog into our plasma and make a batch of them out of stainless.

You'll laugh at this when I tell you, but when I bought those 330's, The Tractor Supply where purchased had Poulan Wildthings and Timbermasters on a managers special for $15 off. The sign said Poulan chainsaws $15 off. The manager didn't know they had the 330's over by the Husky's. I enquired about the 330's at $15 off. They said no. I botched and cryed and they said OK. I BOUGHT ALL THEY HAD IN STOCK for $184.99

I have been trying to talk myself out of one, don't need one as I have a very similar PP365.

Got a 10% off coupon from TSC in the mail now I have to fight off the urge again.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably go get one tomorrow as I did see my local TSC finally had them the other day.

I have been trying to talk myself out of one, don't need one as I have a very similar PP365.
Got a 10% off coupon from TSC in the mail now I have to fight off the urge again.
Who am I kidding, I'll probably go get one tomorrow as I did see my local TSC finally had them the other day.

I really envy you guys! I can't get great deals like that over here. I would have boughten at least 2. I mean I saw a great deal for a ryobi(I believe the ~40cc model returned and "once" used) instead of 260€ for 190€. I mean we are talking about 280$ for an el cheepo.:angry2: I think I am going now go and :cry: in my sleep :cry::cry::cry:

Today, 12:28 PM #9
lawnmowertech37
ArboristSite.com Sponsor
wish i was as busy as baileys

change your avatar so it looks like you sell saw parts instead of a funeral parlor ! :)
i meen the suit is nice and all but i can just hear " dearly beloved we are gathered here today..."..

Sure wish we had TSCs here in Oregon...I'd like to get a close up look at one of these saws.

-=[ Grant ]=-

Latest posts

Back