My custom spikes for my new Poulan Pro 330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to rep barneyrb who was so nice as to offer sending me one to Austria. To bad that the shipping costs are so prohibative!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again Barny!

I just have to rep barneyrb who was so nice as to offer sending me one to Austria. To bad that the shipping costs are so prohibative!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again Barny!

Your right he is a great guy! I had the same idea, but new the price to get it there would be high.

Might be worth it though as you may have the only one around and a nice conversation piece.

Give some rep to ZR for offering those spikes up to fellow members also.

Modified did you end up buying a 330 today?

Huh? Me?

attachment.php

I didn't have anytime to mess with the 330 today, but just for conversation I did take it out of the box and weighed it.

Came in right about where I thought it would. I can live with that.

attachment.php

Congrats Mark, I know you'll like the saw. As I've always said .325 x 18" with 8 pin sprocket, muffler mod, and it will run with the best of them in the 50cc class. Again, congrats....

Maybe this winter when I get time I will use this one as my personal test bed for the .325-375 trials again.

I tried the .375 7 tooth and the .325 8 tooth on my PP365 and saw no real difference in them, but the PP365 is 60cc so it may be different with the 330.

I think the .325 setup may like a 7 tooth on it better with the 330. That is not just cutting 10" cookies though, I will be trying it in 20' wood if I can. '

I have some different bar and chain setups here that I can switch around but I'll bet the 22" bar and chain end up on the 365 though as I know it can handle it fine and I might as well get my moneys worth out of it.

was that weight PHO and dry. I weighed mine full of mix and oil with a 16" Powermatch bar and it came in at 16lb 2oz.

Well, i "finally" fixed the 330 i bought a week ago! Yup, i took it back to TSC and now it's fixed, (at least for me) as i got tired of putting up with the idleing and other issues it had.

Yes, it out powered my Husky 55 as i stated in another thread, but i'd take the 55 ANY DAY over the 330, if "I" have to run it. It probably would have been fine as a firewood saw, but it sucked BIG TIME around my sawmill.

Rob

I hated that big funky half dog that came on this saw so off to the drawing board and then to the laser. They are copied off a stock small inner dog off a Stihl 460 and made out of 1/8" stainless.

Also thanks to Baileys for getting me a 16" powermatch 3/8 bar in a 041 mount wearing a loop of square chisel makes this thing a much more usable saw than the stock setup.

]

That looks great, far better than the factory. Nice how you offered the spares to people. Rep sent. :)

I'd take a 475!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v693/theman42/albion.flv">

Back