“New” saw day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerpusher

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this today. Don’t know much about it, I just like the old Homelites. Don’t know if it runs but sure is clean. Gonna do some research on it this weekend, in the meantime any knowledge you guys have and want to share please do.

Attachments

• 45ADC3E4-DEB0-48BE-B41E-593037706B50.jpeg
    45ADC3E4-DEB0-48BE-B41E-593037706B50.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 0CB0C584-A95F-4FE2-9067-0C6C81E3215D.jpeg
    0CB0C584-A95F-4FE2-9067-0C6C81E3215D.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
I'm just messing with you because I'm in the same boat as you - got a 390xp that I love but dang, I'm itching for that 592. I bought a 550xp a few months ago and really like the auto tune so far. Dying to try it on a big saw...

Seals are still available for the super XL-12 and most maintenance items.
Really a great saw to cut firewood or as a truck saw riding along in the tool box.
They about dead reliable and pull a 20" bar of full comp or a 24" full skip chain pretty easily.
The automatic oiler plus manual thumb oiler is great for the dirty dry stuff.

The farmer next door has a splitter but occasionally gets rounds to big to fork up onto the splitting platform. I'll use the Homelite super 1050A or SP80 mac for those.
My only other old saw is a 1050A… I love running it time to time. I need to learn more about the old homelites. I tried to find old ads for the 1050 to see what it was built for but didn’t find much…Was it a big farm saw, or did loggers run them?…. That stuff interests me.

My only other old saw is a 1050A… I love running it time to time. I need to learn more about the old homelites. I tried to find old ads for the 1050 to see what it was built for but didn’t find much…Was it a big farm saw, or did loggers run them?…. That stuff interests me.
Logging industry did use them but really about the time they were coming into their own the technology was changing and companies were being bought out.
Epa regulations and standard safety features became the "Most" important features for saws to dictate sales.
Alot of old saws were bought with the intention of self sufficiency and making a livelihood for yourself and family . They could have been used for clearing farm land,firewood, or timber work .

Latest posts

Back