032av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttin-4-heat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a 032av that is literally in a bucket. i know i know but i was told i couldnt ever make it run and if i did get it to run it would run like #### and always break. well the sure way to get me to try is tell me i cant so try i must. i would like to make the saw a reliable little saw that screams. my Father always ran a 32 on his line truck but i was young then and wasnt allowed to run his it has long since been sold so i never had the chance. how will it compare to my buddies 455 husky stock vs stock. how bout if i do some work to mine? the way i figure it its already apart might as well.
if you guys could give me your opinions and maybe some info/advice on the saw for any of those aspects i would be very grateful.
can i make her a above avg saw for a decent price and keep good reliability?

Go on do it

my o32av was a dog for years, given to me by my grand father it had sentimental value only and i found i could never get it to tune correctly when i got it to idle correctly it would almost die before pickin up and if it picked correctly it would not idle. finally this year (couldnt throw it out ) completely stripped it down and found : wear in the cylinder ( some chrome missing also crank seals were hard as a rock and probably leaking. So i went on ebay and managed to aquire : 2 bearings and crank seals, 1 new piston, 1 second hand cylinder in excellent shape, 1 new crank case gasket, 1 new cylinder gasket, and also complete rebuild kit for the carb. yeah i know sounds like a lot to put into an old saw but sentimental remember. anyhow rebuilt it took very little tuning and runs like a new saw (practically is lol) far more power than my husky 350 (52cc) with muffler mod i love it and it runs an 18" 3/8 ES bar with RSC chain with no difficulty well worth the rebuild :)

I have my grandpa,s 032 and love it. Very reliable.
When I got it I had to replace the rubber av mounts and rebuild the carb and buy a new air filter.

Here is the workshop manual. Scanned from paper so it is rough.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnwykggj3jy

and IPL
http://www.mediafire.com/?bm9m11bjnw1

Click the blue "Click here to start download..." link on left to download.

On a side note, the manual says the H and L screws on the carb should be 1 1/4 turns open, that was way to rich for mine. Mine is 1 turn on the H and 3/4 turn on the L.

Kioni,
Was the muffler mod on the 032 or the husky 350?
I figured the 032 was built before the epa muffler days and wouldn't need a muffler mod. But if you modded yours and it improved its performance, I would like instructions on how you modded it.

Thanks
Billy

thank you for the replies. i would be very interested in some more info on the muffler mod if possible. thanks again for the info

032's are uslly rock solid... Rarely do they need seals, bearings, pistons or anything important. It's usually impulse line, junk in the carbs etc..

Back