038 magnum mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walkerized Muffler

Does anyone have any pics of their 038 with a muffler done by Walkers?
Please post if you have any. I'm just looking for an external shot of the muffler on the saw
Thanks

Modified my muffler after reading about it on the site and I noticed a lot more throttle response and it did get louder. I also took off the original stock filter and replace it with a foam filter from the motorcycle shop. I had to fashion a mount to the carb by using a Shedule 40 PVC cap and cutting the intake hole and bolt holes for mounting. The filter is held in place by a adjustable clamp. the only problem is to start it I have to take the filter off and pour some mix directly into the carb or cover the filter up with a small Tupperware cup that manually chokes the saw. I usually just pur mix into the carb because it is faster. I seen a thread about adding a plunger type primer bulb to a saw but have not tried it yet. I think it was KD who was talking about it after removing the choke plate out of the carb and sealing the holes with sealer to allow more airflow on the intake side. I will post pics tomorrow after I get done falling and bucking up a Digger Pine.

Here's some pics of my 038 Mag II. Was bought new in 1987 by my wifes uncle for $650 He used for acouple years and decided to sell it and was beating down his door to get first crack at it. bought for $300. been rinning strong ever since. These pics were taken after cutting on a digger pine today so have not cleaned it yet.

Latest posts

Back