1/4 pitch help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Could someone please give me part numbers for 1/4 pitch sprockets for a couple of saws? first is a husqvarna T435, top handle saw, the other is a Jonsered CS2139T top handle. I need a new saw for carving and baileys can't get me 1/4 pitch sprockets for these saws. I need to make sure I can get a sprocket before I buy one of these. Thanks!

The early Jonsered M36 and Skil, Pioneer etc model of this same saw in different colors had OE 1/4 chain setup. Not sure if these sprockets would work on the newer saws.

Any ideas where you could have one made?
Some guys here on the site have skills and access to machine tools that make it possible (not me!). I have seen some guys braze a new spur sprocket on an existing drum (sorry, no links).

You might ask these guys - maybe they can give you a lead if they do not do it:
http://www.danzcoinc.com/html/chain_saw_sprockets.html

I would also check with any vendors that sell chainsaw carving equipment or supplies - they may have faced the same questions.

Good luck.

Let us know if you find a good source.

Philbert

Some guys here on the site have skills and access to machine tools that make it possible (not me!). I have seen some guys braze a new spur sprocket on an existing drum (sorry, no links).

You might ask these guys - maybe they can give you a lead if they do not do it:
http://www.danzcoinc.com/html/chain_saw_sprockets.html

I would also check with any vendors that sell chainsaw carving equipment or supplies - they may have faced the same questions.

Good luck.

Let us know if you find a good source.

Philbert

Cheers Philbert,

Have contacted the site you suggested. I'm at the point where I just need to know whether I can get one or not so I can move on to another saw. I want to convert a top handle Husky for carving - any recommendations?

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Oregon makes a 7 spline drum for the saw, chances are an Oregon 1/4" rim will fit the drum. You will not likely find them sold as a pair. You'll have to purchase them separately.

But I would advise you not to set up a top handle saw for carving, it's a terribly uncomfortable way to carve. Much more control and comfort with a rear handle saw.

If Oregon makes a 7 spline drum for the saw, chances are an Oregon 1/4" rim will fit the drum. You will not likely find them sold as a pair. You'll have to purchase them separately.

Thanks for the input... I'm afraid I don't think I understand - if I were to search parts - what am I looking for and where do you recommend looking?

Thanks for the input... I'm afraid I don't think I understand - if I were to search parts - what am I looking for and where do you recommend looking?

For the Jonsorend 2139 I can explain how to get set up. It might just be going obsolete though.

This is an old thread that got bumped what saw do you want to adapt?

What he probably meant is that a kit will come with an 0.325 7 tooth sprocket hence you will have to separately purchace a 9 tooth 1/4" pitch sprocket.

For the Jonsorend 2139 I can explain how to get set up. It might just be going obsolete though.

This is an old thread that got bumped what saw do you want to adapt?

What he probably meant is that a kit will come with an 0.325 7 tooth sprocket hence you will have to separately purchace a 9 tooth 1/4" pitch sprocket.

I am looking to adapt a Husky T435 that is currently running a 3/8low pro factory standard setup to run a 1/4" carving setup...

I am not averse to selling this saw and buying another if there is another that is easier to convert - it needs to be top handle and ideally would be Husky so that it runs the same fuel and spares as my other saws...

Appreciating any help you can give!

Nick.

The 338xpt and earlier variants show a 7 spline drum and oiler worm on the parts ipl or parts sheet. The battery top handle (536t-li or close to that) has an 8 tooth 1/4 sprocket available though it does not use the same fuel as a gas one. No need to change oiler parts on the battery saw. If someone points to a 7 spline drum for the 435t and also a oil drive worm gear then all you would need is a rim drive sprocket. I checked the parts sheet and no such stuff is listed there. The 435 probably uses the same clutch drums as other saws Zenoah likely. I would try emailing the loggerchain and Baileys linked above your question. There is an Oregon catalog on line but I find it rather frustrating to use.

Back