$10.00 to the winner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do that man. I got a little Sony camera I keep at the shop just for some of the mind boddling ones that come in. I get alot of stuff in that I fix on the spot that would be fun to share here but I can't snap a pic with the customer standing there.

Sure ya can, here is what ya do. With the customer standing right there, pull out the camera and say, while laughing your ass off,

"Man the guys sure are going to get a kick out of this!!!!"

It will learn them well!! ha ha ha LOL LOL

Sure ya can, here is what ya do. With the customer standing right there, pull out the camera and say, while laughing your ass off,

"Man the guys sure are going to get a kick out of this!!!!"

It will learn them well!! ha ha ha LOL LOL

parris,

Just make sure the laughing stockee is less stocky than you.

Stay safe,

ole joat

I prefer to leave thinking to those that are better suited for it. Sometimes I just drink till it makes sense.

I'm still waiting for my moment of clarity...maybe I need to switch beers.

Ed,

I will extend the courtesy of a delete.

ole joat

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're a better man than I ole Joat.

Many oldies I find have busted cylinder bolt threads for the muffler bolts. Somehow these bolts get loose and the owner keeps on using the saw with a rattling muffler, untill it finally falls off.....:censored: I guess the loosening (with increasing noise) occurs gradually, so many times the owner gets used to it....:dizzy:

Thall, do these bolts need to be fixed with bolt glue or not ? (temp)

attachment.php

DUH. Its so loud because the plastic fins are broke off. But it is a stihl, so it might have came with that defect.....

10.00 to the winner. How did this get in the oil tank of a 361. Customer doesn't know, he thought I would know, I don't know, I bet he does know,LOL

attachment.php

What your looking at is about 98% old fuel mix and 2% bar oil. Talk about smell, had to get it out the shop ASAP.

Too cheap to buy a fuel can and was using an old bar oil jug for mix.

Many oldies I find have busted cylinder bolt threads for the muffler bolts. Somehow these bolts get loose and the owner keeps on using the saw with a rattling muffler, untill it finally falls off.....:censored: I guess the loosening (with increasing noise) occurs gradually, so many times the owner gets used to it....:dizzy:

Thall, do these bolts need to be fixed with bolt glue or not ? (temp)

Not really. Sometimes though loose bolts will ruin the threads backing out and rattlling around while coming out. That blower has some years on in and lord knows how many hours of run time. Its being used to make money and no other reason. They rarely take time out or in the off season to go over their equipment, all they know is run it, make a buck. They count on me to keep it going, not maintain it, just keep it running, I do. I'll see that blower again fixing something they could had easily prevented themselves, tant no biggie, same ole same ole.

What gets me was how could they stand the noise all that time. Most complexes, apartment buildings and in heavy populated areas a blower has to be quiet. How would you like to be on the ground floor sleeping by the window and have a landscaper come by your window in the morning by using that blower, so much for sleeping in late,LOL

I get alot of stuff in that I fix on the spot that would be fun to share here but I can't snap a pic with the customer standing there.

Yes you can - just tell them that your new insurance policy requires you to take photos of all of your repair jobs - and snap away. Could even put up a sign in the shop that says "We photograph ALL repairs for reference purposes"

Can anyone tell me why this blower makes alot of noise. I was told it did. I'm still trying to figure out why. I took pics of it just as it came in and after I pulled the back cover off.

attachment.php

It made noise because the operator was DEAF and you weren't.

Latest posts

Back