2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a can of the valspar husky orange. will have to run a sample next to the rustoleum to see how they compare.
while at at hardware store i thought this 3/4" elbow looked familiar in size to the 2100 exhaust port.real close, but had to cross cut the end, but it caught and theaded its way in. any port in a storm. lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pretty slick. A smooth front muffler also interesting. 2101 clutch cover w/brake?:)wink2:Obviously no longer there)

it's a friends 298xp. the brake band & handle were broken so i took them off. don't know what is original to this model. might be a bit of a hybrid.
the muffler on my 2100cd is a side port with a recessed sq. at the face bottom, ready to be 'jungleized'

I think I can see some ribs in that muffler, along with the square indent where the jungle louver would be??? being heavily rusted doesnt help...but pretty normal on these saws

Looking good Allyn!!!!!!! Good eye on the saw Joe I did not notice that cover. Serge I liked your pics in the workking man thread buddy!

I didn't think it was, just thought good eye for Joe to pick up on something different I overlooked, and did not notice. Besides it would have been the metal one. I believe plastic one was 298 as you mentioned that right?

the 298 has a shallower plastic recoil starter cover w/2pawls on the flywheel. intsead of a mag cover & 3 pawl wheel like the 2100/2101 AFAIK.
a further look at the muff: it does have ribs on top and a recess on the bottom, it was just the angle in the photo...and the rust!

Durand is building a nice 2100, makes me want a few more. If I had cash i would have severeral. Definately one of the best built saws my hands have seen. I think when he gets it done he will run it more than he thinks.:clap:

yeah, all the big things are done, it's the little bits that get you though. i was blowing off the oil pump getting ready to put it in and i noticed that one of the roll pins on the back was gone !i mean it was there, it just fell out ! no pin- no oil to the pump. sxxx! it was 3mm but the closest size here is 1/8" so i'll be grinding one down to fit #?!*^%&! also waiting on a starter bushing 2 weeks from ebay.you get the idea. otherwise, cheers !

Good deal Al, and I hear you on the little stuff, sometimes I almost pulled my hair out. That handle will be in the mail soon! Got your pm and thanks! Like to see a pic of your saw soon.

I'm pretty fond of the .750 copper elbows myself.

If you use Siver solder and a good flux it will stick to steel better than anything I have tried.

Here's an old 6 cube Sachs Dolmar we did last Summer:

attachment.php

I've had this thin ring 2100CD for a while but I couldn't get it to run right. Removing the carb limiter circuit really helped, see for yourselves.

[video=youtube;0AO0JeVEDYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AO0JeVEDYg&feature=channel[/video]

Latest posts

Back