2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
480CD
Photo0279.jpg

I found the little brother to the 2100 at the scrap yard on friday, it runs real nice with a prime but I have to get a new starter and a fuel line.

480CD
Photo0279.jpg

I found the little brother to the 2100 at the scrap yard on friday, it runs real nice with a prime but I have to get a new starter and a fuel line.

Really liked those 480's owned a few. All were stolen. Replaced with like until NLA, then bought a 181. Have one now I bought off ebay.

Yeah Jim what a deal! Great find buddy! Joe all saws you mentioned I agree greats! Durand the one you are working on is that your recent 2100? Looking good buddy!:popcorn:

Yeah Jim what a deal! Great find buddy! Joe all saws you mentioned I agree greats! Durand the one you are working on is that your recent 2100? Looking good buddy!:popcorn:

Yep Norm. I got it about 2 weeks ago. I plan to make a nice ole stock saw out of it....:D

See they just keep popping up 2101, definately one of the greatest of all time. No doubt in my mind! The ghost of muscle saws past!![/QUOTE]

They're not Ghosts,

In order to be ghosts they would have to be DEAD! Don't think you can kill them.
Indeed my friend, a blast from the past, and present!

Howdy Serg, not sure if you want to do some reading, but paint may be in here. I was trying to find the PDF file page, and forgot lol! Which page LOL! Leeha=lEE HARVEY seems to have good knowledge of paint, and painting saws. Well one of the first to come to mind actually seen his work. I think Sachsmo has done some too, not sure. Never painted one myself.

hey Norm, I have done some searching (alot of reading) and havent found it yet. I remeber mention of either a kubota or Komatsu tractor paint being pretty much the same colour (color for you guys).

I get lost in here too! Check out page 28 Grantwallonds saw he restored 2101 I think. It is gorgeous!! Maybe P.M Him as well.

Here's a low profile one, but I'm workin' on one that will be real low,

attachment.php

Now we are talkin' Thanks sachsmo.

A D handle will save what is left of my fingers, the McCulloch era did some damage. I'll be dropping the 1100 off at the dealer to have it vac and pressure tested, before running it much.

Low?

attachment.php

huskoleum ?

norm, husq2100, sachmo- this is my only paint experience. i painted an outboard cowling with it and put on husky stickers for a laugh. it lasted a year or so in the salt water, but oxidized . could probably use a clear coat of some kind to toughen it up.
this is what the dealer was using, much cheaper and covered better than the factory stuff in a can.

attachment.php

painted plug wrench against stock paint and aged plastics

attachment.php

rustoleum # 214084

attachment.php

not bad

Yep, thats a real good match. Im having to paint a few small parts on my 2100, its real close.....probably as close as one could get.

Plus you can't beat the price. I think I've painted around 10 saws and I'm only on my third can. I got 3 to tape and paint tonight.

rattle on I like them old binders.

The binder is a great truck. I got a '71 1110. My second picup was a 67 3/4 ton with the 304. Indestructable. I cant wait to get my hands on a 103-123cc Mac. Back in the day I bought a brand new Johnnyreds 920(biggest saw I could get my hands on at the time), that was a powerful saw, I ran a 24" bar on it. It would cut through Rock Maple and Red Oak with ease. Looking for a big Mac with my name on it.

Latest posts

Back