2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where all the muscle saw fans? Been quite lately hope all is well my brothers. Brought home some dry Euacalyptus the other day. Was gonna grab the 44 or 372, but hadn't given the 66 a run in a bit. And I am thinking my neighboors love that echo down the canyons. Sure goes along way when your'e in the middle of nowhere. I almost feel guilty, but admit I love it:clap:

Well, well, well, look what I found sitting in the junk pile. Picked both of these for $8.
Photo0301.jpg

Photo0307.jpg

Photo0305.jpg

the JRed is free and I have a parts saw for it and I'm not sure on the 2100 yet.

Remember those pics I posted just above? Well I got bored today and dug into my latest scrap heap scores and pulled out a few of the old jonnies I had acquired and this is what I came up with, a Jonsered 801/80.
[video=youtube;bhPNc22gwm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPNc22gwm8[/video]
This saw is strong, I can't wait to get it in the wood, with no decomp it is a mule to start and it begs for a bar longer than the 24 inch bar I have on there. I think the down side of this saw is the electrical system, I removed a entire wire out of the saw that was hooked to the switch and low and behold it runs perfect and the switch works, seems to be lots of parts that can fail.

Last edited:
Well, well, well, look what I found sitting in the junk pile. Picked both of these for $8.
Photo0301.jpg

Photo0307.jpg

Photo0305.jpg

the JRed is free and I have a parts saw for it and I'm not sure on the 2100 yet.

wow you men find some goodies thrown away,,,
wonder how many saws go to scrap or dumped out here, i never go near scrap yards to see.
good score

I agree Neil one hell of a score. I could stand another 2100 or so:msp_thumbup:

thats for sure, i get saws given to me at times, mostly junk saws with bits missing and all breeds as well, i never say no and except them cause i reckon some day someone will say i've been after one of them or that part and they may just have something i want, if not they can have it anyway most times.

speeking things given, a guy rang me last year asking if i wanted to buy a deceised estate collection of pioneer saws and parts, i told him i normaly don't buy colections and he said all he wanted was the delivery charge or postage or maybe help and remove the lot for him. he gave me his number and bugger me if i lost where i put it and he never rang back, someone would of liked them surely.

Neil that's a bummer maybe you will come across it again. I have come across some good finds myself from time to time.

Lousy rainy weather here yesterday, had to scrounge up some wood in a hurry in our yard. Fire went out, raining sow hard it was sideways, all chores needed to be done perfect. Fun shiat after a long day of cutting try and give all my saws a run, and keep it even. Last time 66, this time I was itching to run the big husky after 2 months of no cutting, sometimes just firing them up in the yard is nice therapy for me. Neighboors love it, grabbed the 372 Because I was getting wet fast, and had to move a few things to get the big brother, next time.

Zilla..

Tearing my 2100-S down for a complete restore, new OEM guts, just got the block seals/bearings last week and new clutch and new decomp valve. Replace with new reed valves and new RK-HL-98 which is the full kit includes the bigger seat/jet. If ya fellas have seen any of my restorations this one will be a gem indeed when done.

Cascade Saw

Awesome man love to see em. Yep Cascade saw I like the restorations nice work. The Big husky line many will argue, but I will say first hand the 1100-2101 series was saw of the best saw building of all time. Just look at there following once again, and getting more popular by the minute. Fell in love with the first one I layed hands on.

Back