2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As always when I drop in to check the latest on this thread, it's fun !
Brad I am being lazy and not going back through the posts but the chain brake on your 2101 what is needed to get it up and running ?
Barely keeping on track I know, but I've just added a Tree Slingered 390 XP to the working fleet and it is a very impressive saw! I bought it from another member, Troy G, and I am sure even Brad would be impressed by the condition of the saw it was so clean and unmarked it was hard to believe it had seen any work.
This is one of the great threads on the site which in turn has some great members posting so keep up the good work !!!

I have to admit, Jim's 2100 is the first one I've seen with a chain brake. The 480 IPl I have also have shows a chain brake, but I've owned 4 of them and not one had a brake. A Husky mystery i guess?

Good stuff Jim, and I am going to keep plugging away at my shop buddie's. They ask the owner here, and there for me, but he probably is a fan like we are, and knows what kind of saw's they are. But man I just wouldnt have been able to sleep with it sitting for so long. Fix it already! Yeah and no brake hanldle. Kotex what is your'e first name? I feel funny just calling you kotex, but what kind of timber is in Indiana I have never been there or seen the land. Any pic's? Hey the guy's who give you the funny look's tell them to tune in to a episode of Arboristsite one evening, featuring tonight's guest star! the mighty 2101!

name is marty. and we dont have giant trees like y'all have out there lots of oaks, maples, hickories, cedar, osage,....average big trees about 30 to 40 in. across. i guess they just didnt sell many of them big saws around here. but i havent realy come across very many old husqvarnas around here at so...

Dave k, thank's for the kind words! Sent you a rep. Joe I havent seen many brake handles either, you know why those Huskie's were for the serious only! Usually faller's who usually pulled em LOL! They do it to the Stihl's here too. Figured Indiana not big on big timber, and nice to know the name Marty. When I started this thread thought it would fizzle out, was hoping it wouldn't but figured it would. Anybody ever heard of a 2101? LOL!

Sorry Jon.......but this is for your own good.

This is my 2100CD, and it is very early in the vintage(1980 or earlier). It wasn't made with a brake, and I don't plan on putting one on it either. I figure with gravitational pull plus the weight of this Big Orange Mutha kickback is somewhat reduced................:laugh:View attachment 201694View attachment 201695View attachment 201696

I'm afraid that I'll just have to contact your better half and inform her that this saw is too dangerous for you. With recent developments, she's sure to believe me. I'll tell her that I will come by to pick it up while you're at work to save you from further injury. Now what's your home # again???:jester:

I'm afraid that I'll just have to contact your better half and inform her that this saw is too dangerous for you. With recent developments, she's sure to believe me. I'll tell her that I will come by to pick it up while you're at work to save you from further injury. Now what's your home # again???:jester:

Aaron,
Though I appreciate your willingness to protect me from further injury, I need you to remember it was the tree that broke my fibula, and not the saw. Besides I was using my 288XP when I got attacked by that Mother###### pine tree. I'm sure Norm will attest to this about the 288, it is like Charleton Heston, and his gun. "If you want my 288, you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands."
As for my home number it's (530) EAT-####........................................:laugh:

I'm picking my tank up tomorrow. Had to have it welded as the previous owner ran it with 4 of the 6 AV broken. A hole was worn into the oil reservoiur. I'll get some pics as soon as I get it back together.

I finally got most of my 2101 back together this evening. If the cylinder was ready, it would be running. I laid out the port work a couple nights ago, but haven't done any grinding on it yet. There's a LOT of room for improvement in this jug. Should be a real runner when it's done. The carb has a new OEM kit installed. New crank seals. New starter pawl springs

New aftermarket Elastostart. New kill switch. New loop handle. New caps.
IMG7769-M.jpg

Holes welded up in muffler.
IMG7770-M.jpg

A newer clutch cover. New bar nuts
IMG7771-M.jpg

IMG7773-M.jpg

IMG7775-M.jpg

Ausneil1, I love the wraps too! The closest we have to youre trees that I know of, are the blue gum's I believe. Some Ironbark here, and there. Jon, that thing is a work of art, and you know my love for 288's as well. Aaron good shiat!

Oh dear, nearly was gonna say thats the first saw to have its flywheel visable from the clutch side, then i realised what you had done, pic 3 i was referring to. Nice pics..

I finally got most of my 2101 back together this evening. If the cylinder was ready, it would be running. I laid out the port work a couple nights ago, but haven't done any grinding on it yet. There's a LOT of room for improvement in this jug. Should be a real runner when it's done. The carb has a new OEM kit installed. New crank seals. New starter pawl springs

New aftermarket Elastostart. New kill switch. New loop handle. New caps.
IMG7769-M.jpg

Holes welded up in muffler.
IMG7770-M.jpg

A newer clutch cover. New bar nuts
IMG7771-M.jpg

IMG7773-M.jpg

IMG7775-M.jpg

[video=youtube_share;vrCtJHkg8Wk]http://youtu.be/vrCtJHkg8Wk[/video]

Something a little different guys, just found this run with a nos injected 2100 one of our NSW guys races.
This saw is still being tuned and improves each time i see it.
In this final, the 2100 appears slower on time than in the heats, but as ben found out soon as the race was over his nos bottle ran out of gas so the saw was going naturaly.
All going correctly for him and the final result could of been a lot closer.

Bulahdelah show 2010
final... U100cc unlimited modified production.
timber..14inch blue gum.

this final won by... myself, 394 piped
2nd...Ben Monford, nos 2100
3rd.. Dan Kerr, with a borrowed 395

Ausneil1, nice video. Ductape how is the saw running? Let me know if you want to part with it. I ran mine yesterday. I love that thing more, and more every day.

Ductape how is the saw running?

I started it when I got it home....... just to watch it bounce around the floor. Haven't even had a few free minutes to adjust the chain and clean it up a little, but hopefully before next weekend. I have some log length firewood down. I'm anxious to try it out. :msp_ohmy:

got to use it in this the otherday,did good exept it didnt clear chips as good as i'd like. running 42" fullcomp be better with skip. ran the 288 elimanator 32" skip , realy moved the chips. the mac did pratty good with 46"fullcomp you could lean on it harder with slower chain speed. go ahead and flame in the bar , but it works.View attachment 202135

Back