2171 vs 2172

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting the nos 2171. Compared to the 365xt I have it feels slighter lighter. The 2171 seems to compare weight wise to the 440 I purchased about 2 months after the 2171. The 365xt seems to be the strongest of the 3 but the restrictors have been removed, it has a mm, and the cylinder has had some work done to it.

That 365 must run great, if it's what I'm thinking of ;) It's all in where it came from!

I ended up getting the nos 2171. Compared to the 365xt I have it feels slighter lighter. The 2171 seems to compare weight wise to the 440 I purchased about 2 months after the 2171. The 365xt seems to be the strongest of the 3 but the restrictors have been removed, it has a mm, and the cylinder has had some work done to it.

That all fits with what could be expected. :wink2:

Some saw hack with a hack saw?

Wait a minute.... the 365xt has only been out for 2 years now..... yours couldn't have come from KY???

which is the better saw the 2172 or the 372 is there a big difference in the two and what makes one better then the other?

which is the better saw the 2172 or the 372 is there a big difference in the two and what makes one better then the other?

It's the same saw, just different color scheme and a couple ounces of weight difference. Jonsered has a straight handle where the Husqvarna has slanted.

My 2172 is wearing the 372bb kit and conversion kit....It runs real good..

If you look at the kit again it's the same part number for both saws. It's a 2171/2172/372 BB kit no difference of performance on either saw. There's no conversion that takes place.

The Husqvarna having the HD air filter would be the only nod i can see, if you need it.

The old style 372 BB kit fits on the bottom end of the strato saws. You just need the carb, intake boot, and p/c off the older style saw to convert it.

The old style 372 BB kit fits on the bottom end of the strato saws. You just need the carb, intake boot, and p/c off the older style saw to convert it.

Which would make it not a strato saw. The strato is the intake set up. The BB kits will bolt on any variation of the 372's. But it's not a strato set up.

View attachment 286380

That is what a strato saw's intake port looks like.

Dude you can make a strato 2172 into a regular 2171....If you use the carb, intake,and p/c off the 2171...

Follow along

2172 has different intake , carb, p/c

2171 parts fit the new 2172

Ok apparently I read it wrong. I thought you were saying that you converted a non strato to a strato with a bb.

Latest posts

Back