260 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bayard

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
i will be getting a 260 pro this week .it will be good to take the load off the 192t.the owner of the chainsaw shop is bartering with me for the saw.taking some trees down for him.it was nice of him.k

Stihlofadeal64

Stihlofadeal64

Addicted to ArboristSite
Make sure the one you get has the adjustable "High" needle on the carb.

If it does not have the fully adjustable carb. You can usually pick up a Walbro WT-194 for less than $50.00. Then swap the compensator top and run it like today is the last day you'll have. Great saw! Happy Sawing!

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
i will be getting a 260 pro this week .it will be good to take the load off the 192t.the owner of the chainsaw shop is bartering with me for the saw.taking some trees down for him.it was nice of him.k

The 260 is one of my favorite saws. Very nimble with a good power to weight ratio.

madhatte

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I am very fond of my 260. It's small, fast, and nimble. It does, indeed, take a bit of "breaking in". Run a 16"/3/8 B/C and you'll be surprised by the short work it makes of... well, everything you cut with it.

Fun tale: I recently bucked up a >50" pine (didn't measure it) and pinched the bar on my Dolmar in the VERY LAST tiny little bit of the VERY LAST tiny corner of the VERY LAST cut. Every precaution and all that. Well, it satisfied my sense of irony to cut the Dolmar out with the 260. It was a fine moment to see the big saw in a big log sag free when the tiny little Stihl bit into the log!

tomtrees58

tomtrees58

Addicted to ArboristSite
29qb6gi.jpg

sbhooper

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I love mine, but I think the adjustable carb is a necessity to get the best out of the saw. If you can adjust the carb, that saw will really fly with a muff mod.

That sounds like a good deal for a saw. You get the saw and a made-to-order break-in job!:clap:

Erick

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
do i need to tell them, to give me adj carb. k

If it a new unit it will have the adjustable carb. ;)

Absolutely a great little saw one of my all time favorites. :clap:

It does do much better with a few extra holes in the muffler though.... brings it back to the saw Stihl designed and not the one the EPA has turned it into.

And I prefer a 16" .325 B&C set-up with an 8-pin rim.... although I'd use the 7-pin for break-in and until you get those extra holes in the muffler. ;)

:cheers:

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
my 026 was broken in because I bought it used.
my 5100 was new and the compression was 150psi before putting it in any wood and final comp reading leveled of at 185-190 after about 30 tanks.
I suspect the 260 wood take about the same hours depending on the work load.

shepardman

shepardman

ArboristSite Lurker
my 026 was broken in because I bought it used.
my 5100 was new and the compression was 150psi before putting it in any wood and final comp reading leveled of at 185-190 after about 30 tanks.
I suspect the 260 wood take about the same hours depending on the work load.

Thanks. Don't know anything bout compression and how to take a reading. And am I past the point of needing/wanting to do that. Do I need a special gadget? Maybe do a search here, ya think. Long as it starts when I ask it, I'll keep it happy with a sharp chain and keep it clean. Not much of a mechanic ha Fran and thanks

nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
In your opinion Tomtrees, bout how long? Have put bout 20-25 tanks gas in mine. .325 chain w/16/18 bars. What might I notice has changed to indicate it's "broken in" Thanks, Fran

when a 260 ripens and matures it will have turned orange with a silver cover, and will have the numbers 3,4, & 6 and the letters XP, on it now.

Latest posts