262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a shipment of aftermarket top ends to look over, and one of them is a MS360/036 top end.

Lynn, would you be interested in trying it out, and reporting on it's durability?

The casting and beveling is some of the best I've seen.

I think its cousin is way better! 036 STIHL.
This thread has me a little excited! I have a 262xp that I rebuilt from the ground up and its almost finished! Its probably heading to Tennessee after watching this thread. I also have an 036 Pro on the bench getting built. Now which one would be better ported? Im sure someone is going to say both!

This thread has me a little excited! I have a 262xp that I rebuilt from the ground up and its almost finished! Its probably heading to Tennessee after watching this thread. I also have an 036 Pro on the bench getting built. Now which one would be better ported? Im sure someone is going to say both!
I think the STIHL is better quality built

Your finger ports are pure and simple art work. That must take a huge amount of extra time too?

Not really. I've gained enough experience with the burr that they happen pretty quickly. The first few I cut though......I was nervous, and slow. After awhile I just cut the hell out of em.

Randy, I'm trying to word my question to make sense to you but when you cut the fingers, do you cut through the plating the length of the finger, then go back deeper? Or do you start at one end and finish at the other?

Kapeesh?

Back