3/8" Low Profile Chain Revisited-What Do you Prefer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be726c7c77c1c2153d52edf55e5580f8.jpg

Picked this up this morning. Smash out a few loops tonite. $190us.

What would you guys recommend for use on a Craftsman/Poulan 2000 with a 14" bar? It does have the original poulan bar on it. I have been looking at the Oregon VXL, mostly because of price, as I don't use this saw daily. It will be used more for limbing and trimming around a farm. The bigger work gets put to the 039 I have. It currently is running the Oregon 91PX safety chain. I removed the humps from the tie straps and it is cutting a lot better. I just need a couple more chains as this is the only chain I have for this saw.

91VXL would be a good choice as would the chisel LP from TriLink. These are the only easily available chains around other than the PS3. Neither of these have bumper drive links. Bailey's has the TL chain at a reasonable price. Both of these chains will use all the balls your saw has. Just a note to your wife: You will want a bigger saw after seeing how much better these cut after using the 91PX chain.

91VXL would be a good choice as would the chisel LP from TriLink. These are the only easily available chains around other than the PS3. Neither of these have bumper drive links. Bailey's has the TL chain at a reasonable price. Both of these chains will use all the balls your saw has. Just a note to your wife: You will want a bigger saw after seeing how much better these cut after using the 91PX chain.
Is the WoodlandPro 63RC made by TriLink? I recently got some for my Echo 355T. Seems to cut well. I'm thinking of getting some for my new 200T as well.

Back