346's are now NLA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has kinda got off topic bit....but really, who cares what saw the other guy likes to use anyway?

Tony

It depends on whether your on the Internet or standing face to face.

in my opinion, NO. the 353 has more useable torque. The 346 is great for really small stuff, not bar buried stuff, and surely not enough to warrent losing a couple hundred bucks on a saw that you already have. now if you want to shell out 500 bucks for the saw and another 250 to port it, then sure it will fun good, but then you are into alot better saw for the money Price range...

I have to agree with the others. What POS 346's have you been running?;) Seriously I have a 353, 346 and a 5100. There is no way a 353 makes more usable torque than a 346, OE or NE, it's just not going to happen, not even really close. I think we have a bit of new saw vs good running and broken in saw going on IMHO.

I have to agree with the others. What POS 346's have you been running?;) Seriously I have a 353, 346 and a 5100. There is no way a 353 makes more usable torque than a 346, OE or NE, it's just not going to happen, not even really close. I think we have a bit of new saw vs good running and broken in saw going on IMHO.

When I bought my new 346 2 years ago, it was a dog at first. I really was ready to get rid of it, but decided to see if it would get better as it broke in. Took exactly 11 tanks of fuel.
Night and day difference!

Back