360t or ms192

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you muff modded it and pulled the limiter caps, my rear handle 36 cc Echo absolutally buries a 192T NOT even close. Steve

I believe you.

When I started this post, I was researching to make an informed decision to spend over $300 on top hadle saw that was going to be used on occasion... not daily or even weekly, maybe monthly.

I do not like the ripping equipment apart to make it work better... You and I might be able to do this type of mod, but some can not and some prefer not. I bought this 360t used at a low price and will probably do the mods, but buying a brandy new one to bring home and cut apart is a hard sell to me. After I mod this this thing, I'll run it against the 200t and see what happens...

I believe you.

When I started this post, I was researching to make an informed decision to spend over $300 on top hadle saw that was going to be used on occasion... not daily or even weekly, maybe monthly.

I do not like the ripping equipment apart to make it work better... You and I might be able to do this type of mod, but some can not and some prefer not. I bought this 360t used at a low price and will probably do the mods, but buying a brandy new one to bring home and cut apart is a hard sell to me. After I mod this this thing, I'll run it against the 200t and see what happens...

It might not pull as good as your 200t but it should spank any 192t.. Every Echo comes with a really clogged up muff. Steve

guys tips and pics on muffler mods for 360 t Mine starts hard, has a long warm up time, and when it is warm is slow to get up to speed.

Pull your carb and check the intake boot for a white spacer in the impulse passage. If its there then just service your fuel system and adjust your carb a little richer. If its not there then get down to your echo dealer and get the new boot installed, it will cure your woes.

I have ran both, and definitely would have to cast my vote for the 360t. Like everyone said, they need a muffler mod and carb retuned. My buddy that I do tree work with has had both, most recently the Echo. We never could get that 192t to make good power, but the Echo, with more cc's and perhaps other factors, responds very well to muffler mods. Even on a stock saw, it ran too lean and would benefit from pulling the limiter caps and tuning richer.

I'll put in a vote for the CS-360T. Mine has been in service now for several years, with zero issues anyplace.

A few negatives are that it's a tad "bulky" for a top handle saw, and the muffler is very restrictive. I don't much care for the rev-limiter either, but have learned how to set the carburetor correctly even though the limiter mimics a good "H" speed carb setting. Modding the muffler is NOT easy, it needs to be cut in half, gutted, then welded back together. It will be fine without the muffler mod, but there is some additional power to be had there, if you ever decide to go after it.

The limiter caps are easy to remove, and MANDITORY on that saw, or you'll end up sounding like PGG next time you post. If you don't add some fuel, very high probability you will smoke the P/C in short order.

Mine does not have a cold start issue, or exhibit vapor lock symptoms in hot weather. Here's a pic of my helper with our CS-360T. We took down apprx 70 trees that day, and the CS-360T limbed them all and never grumbled once. The only trouble we had that weekend, was that Nathan let the chain get loose and tossed it off the bar once. That's the only time I could pry the little Echo away from him, he really likes running it.....Cliff
217558d1326629331-chainsaw-stuff-002-jpg

Last edited:
I just talked to a fellow in Vegas and bought his ms200t off him for $349. Saw is about 4 years old... has been well cared for and used properly. I made the decision based on the fact that I never see any complaints about the ms 200... its the best for what it is intended. I will keep you posted on it. Thanks again everyone.

I have seen a lot of complaints related to the MS200Ts reliability, but that is hard to avoid with any saw that size - the small carbs mostly seem to be the weak point......

Pull your carb and check the intake boot for a white spacer in the impulse passage. If its there then just service your fuel system and adjust your carb a little richer. If its not there then get down to your echo dealer and get the new boot installed, it will cure your woes.

THanks for that I'm off tom, and I ll look. This will cure hard starts and performance issues? What do you think about gutting the muffler and taking limit screws of mixture screws? What do you mean service the fuel system?
Thanks again!

Back