372xp - getting weak, send help !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all you're cutting is 16 inch wood, the 361 and 371 will be similar; if you cut bigger wood, get the 372... Obviously depends on the wood, but..

I have saws in many classes -> ms200, 026, 361, 440, 660, 880.. to name a few, but I reach for the 361 mostly..

A simple muffler mod on the 361 will take to around 5hp...

Well, I am quite sure that I will use the 361 at least 75% of the time in the future also, but time will tell.........:rockn: :rockn:

In my wood, the 372 will be mostly a special purpose/fun saw, that was the plan anyway........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Buy

Buy it before they are all gone! I see them listed on Husky's Canadian web page but for how long? I am getting a 2171 soon as I also fear the same fate of this saw. It is really more than I need for most of my cutting but that beats the alternative of too little a saw. And my best reason is I really want one!

Eveyone is so unhelpful here. The plee was for help not to buy. So here goes. If you don't need the saw, go ahead and wait. The 575 which replaces the 372 supposedly has better torque, uses less fuel and is all around smoother. Only about a pound heavier, which is nothing. The 372 power band is small, and you won't like it at all. (But mine is not for sale).

Couldnt Resist Any Longer

I couldnt make it ! I even resorted to the ol "ask your wife" trick. But much to my surprise she said "buy it !". That was it. I knew I was done for as soon as the words left her mouth. Anyhow, just ordered a new 372XP with 20" bar, 3 chains, tshirt and even a hat. All for $620 after shipping. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. But we all know what it is like once you get the chainsaw bug. Cant wait to get my hands on it !!!:biggrinbounce2:

Stock for stock the 372 more or less takes over where the 361 leaves off.............in bigger wood!!!

SO how much heavier does the wood have to be compared to the smaller wood. using the power to weight method ? with 50:1 fuel mix and a sharp chain.:smoking:

I couldnt make it ! I even resorted to the ol "ask your wife" trick. But much to my surprise she said "buy it !". That was it. I knew I was done for as soon as the words left her mouth. Anyhow, just ordered a new 372XP with 20" bar, 3 chains, tshirt and even a hat. All for $620 after shipping. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. But we all know what it is like once you get the chainsaw bug. Cant wait to get my hands on it !!!:biggrinbounce2:

Great price. :clap:

You did well!!!!:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. But we all know what it is like once you get the chainsaw bug. Cant wait to get my hands on it !!!:biggrinbounce2:

You found the only temporary cure for your affliction, the real problem is that once contracted the disease can only be controlled, not totally eradicated......:clap:

The side effects are chain grinders, longer guide bars + chains and then when you least expect it theres another major flare up that require more money spent on more medication (066/660/880/088/090/3210).................:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
372........i would put a 357 against a 361 and expect it to come off faster,stihl aint about cutting fast they just have a flater power band that cuts and is steady and reliable as opposed to a screaming banshee husky thats been built for felling as many trees as possible in a day.....

372........i would put a 357 against a 361 and expect it to come off faster,stihl aint about cutting fast they just have a flater power band that cuts and is steady and reliable as opposed to a screaming banshee husky thats been built for felling as many trees as possible in a day.....

Hmmmm, the 361 isn't quite like traditional Stihls - it has 4-channel porting, like the Husky xps.

Both max power and max torque are higher than for the 357xp, but the numbers might not tell the whole story...........:greenchainsaw: :biggrinbounce2:

I guess you haven't run a 361 then... Not much screams like a 361 at 14k...

I guess you haven't run a 361 then... Not much screams like a 361 at 14k...
At one of my local stihl/husky dealers he told me his own opion of the 361......it screams but not like the 357 and when he put them together the 357 p1ssed on it despite what it says on paper about the two saws.
I used to be able to out cut a 3120 with a 262 look at the specs there! Im gona give a friends 361 a go though next time im down his yard,put the two together and see what he recons to my 357 and see wich really is the fastest!

Latest posts

Back