372XP or 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazz3ring

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am considering buying a 372 or a 441. I don't really need one as I have a 7900 but I sure keep thinking that I want one (damn CAD).

For those of you that own both or have run both I am wondering how these two saws compare in stock form as well as how they compare ported in cutting speed?

In general what are the pros and cons of each saw?

I believe the 441 is 1.4 lbs. heavier according to the spec sheets which I see as a con.

Dealer support is good for both saws.

Can't speak on the 441 but hear good things about them. I do have the 372 & 7900 and both are superb saws. I run a 20" bar on the 372 and 24" on the 7900 and both saws cut with total authority. I say you cant go wrong with a 372!

To add a bit to this thread....

If you go for the 372, make sure it has the 75cc P&C. It is available on the 372xpw. Sometimes it's on the 372xp, but it's rare.

I don't think he has to "make sure" that it has the 75cc displacement. Would it be nice? Yeah. But it's not like make sure you get that or that saw is a POS. If he finds a deal on a normal 72cc 372, doesnt want to go through the trouble of either having a wrap or changing out a wrap, then it's not life or death. However, if you're into wrap handles, then by all means!

(I recently had to carve a large snow/ice sculpture and one of the dudes has a 394 western wrap, the wrap handled turned out to be a complete PITA when it came to doing some shaving and shaping, so I'm rather anti wrap for the time being).

I am considering buying a 372 or a 441. I don't really need one as I have a 7900 but I sure keep thinking that I want one (damn CAD).

For those of you that own both or have run both I am wondering how these two saws compare in stock form as well as how they compare ported in cutting speed?

In general what are the pros and cons of each saw?

I believe the 441 is 1.4 lbs. heavier according to the spec sheets which I see as a con.

Dealer support is good for both saws.

Given diff in weight and price + the fact that the 372 is going away soon, the 372 is a no brainer, particularly if you can get your hands on the xpw version. Either way, 372 with out a doubt!! (Not to mention the fact that the 372 is proven, many times over)- Sam

I don't think he has to "make sure" that it has the 75cc displacement. Would it be nice? Yeah. But it's not like make sure you get that or that saw is a POS. If he finds a deal on a normal 72cc 372, doesnt want to go through the trouble of either having a wrap or changing out a wrap, then it's not life or death. However, if you're into wrap handles, then by all means!

(I recently had to carve a large snow/ice sculpture and one of the dudes has a 394 western wrap, the wrap handled turned out to be a complete PITA when it came to doing some shaving and shaping, so I'm rather anti wrap for the time being).

--

To add a bit to this thread....

If you go for the 372, you may want to consider getting a 372 with the 75cc P&C. The extra 4cc's will give the saw a bit more torque. I'm just bringing it up as it's something you may want to consider. It doesn't make the 71cc P&C any lesser than it is, but it's not a bad option to consider. Sometimes the 75cc P&C can be found on the 372xp, but it's rare.

Fixed. ;)

Back