441 had me apologizing today....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturelover

Tree Freak
Reaction score
() insert non working letter here..

Been helping a buddy cut up some wood past couple weekends.

Last weekend, he was just going to get some Sandy downed smaller wood, so only took along the 500 to help. He has a CS-3900, and we got him a good little truckload.

But there was a larger leaner uprooted hickory and some other uprooted tree tops he wanted, so went back this weekend. Took along the 441 this time, which he had never seen till I got it out today. He went along up the road, while I stayed back and cut some brush out with the 500. By the time I made it up to where he was cutting, he had done sawed him some logs and was taking a little break.

He proceeded to start cutting up some tops and I got the 441 out and started, singing its growling idling lope, and walked up toward him to help.

Got up to where he was and he turned around and yelled, "you scared the #$@% out o() me! I thought something was coming at me ()rom the top o() the hill!!!!!. Didn't know what the #%#( that was!!!", and he made some grunting, loping noise to imitate it.

I chuckled a little, and got on to cutting. Got the tops and the hickory down and cut up in no time, only problem was that one piece must have had something in it, cause it just quit cutting all o() a sudden. Had to stop and re-sharpen..

We ended up with a couple truckloads, and even though it was a little warm considering its December, was a good day to cut. It being warm, I did however endure some ridicule by wearing shorts underneath the chaps. Will probably be hearing about that ()or a while.....

Luckily no one had a camera.... :ices_rofl:

Is yours a M-tron?

I love my 441C. It's been a Godsend for my work. I almost look forward to going to work knowing I get to run my 441C. :D Still can't pick a favorite between it and the XPW though. Ahh, the tough choices in life. :D

Better wearing chaps and no shorts or undershorts .... at the same time.

I can be found wearing shorts and 12" steel toed boots cutting wood in the summer. I know that I should get some chaps. Santa hasn't answered my wish list.

If I only had a deal with the chiropractors treating all the whiplash from looking at that.

Who were you apologizing to today by the way? Hickory, tough stuff, great to burn.

No camera, huh? Wait for the X-mas cards to come in. Just saying, that's all. :hmm3grin2orange:

:at-wits-end: Oh yeah, had one of those years ................... The MS 440 had a year last year ........ I swear, it is embarrassed every time it is in my hands. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back