50cc saw with best power to weight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually run the original 550xp and also use a 261 v2 quite a bit, but i recently tuned-up a buddy Stihl MS250 that had a ton of compression, cut real well, and felt much lighter than the 550 or 261, specs say the MS250 is 10.1 lbs, maybe it holds less gas/oil, plus it had a 16" bar, but it was a lot of fun to cut with, wonder what a ported one could do, i did notice the anti-vibe wasnt as good though

I usually run the original 550xp and also use a 261 v2 quite a bit, but i recently tuned-up a buddy Stihl MS250 that had a ton of compression, cut real well, and felt much lighter than the 550 or 261, specs say the MS250 is 10.1 lbs, maybe it holds less gas/oil, plus it had a 16" bar, but it was a lot of fun to cut with, wonder what a ported one could do, i did notice the anti-vibe wasnt as good though
Wait till sept when they are $299

50cc saws always seem to be a hot point to argue about. There are either a lot of paper specs cowboys here with little actual experience. Or guys that are weak enough that a few oz's. seem to really bother them. There are a ton of good 50cc pro and homeowner saws so I don't understand the reason for wasting time arguing like a bunch of bickering children.
I read all the posts. I didn't get the feeling that anyone was arguing. The op just asked what 50cc saw has the best power to weight ratio. I thought that was a legitimate question. That is what sells saws. Why would anyone want a 12 pound saw when you can get a 10 pound saw with the same power.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I read all the posts. I didn't get the feeling that anyone was arguing. The op just asked what 50cc saw has the best power to weight ratio. I thought that was a legitimate question. That is what sells saws. Why would anyone want a 12 pound saw when you can get a 10 pound saw with the same power.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
A couple of pounds MAY be something but it seems that 1 or 2 ounces make or break whether a saw may be tolerated. I guess I'm tired of hearing that a saw that weighs 11.1 lb.isn't any good because another weighs 10.9. by guys who probably haven't even run a saw very much.

Echo 501P - I was shocked :surprised3: to see the price of this saw here it's $818 CDN.
I bought my 261-cm for $650 CDN on sale. :)

Echo 501p output is 2.57 kw; vs 261-cm is 3 kw output.
Echo 501p weight is 4.7 kg; vs 261-cm is 4.9 kg

261-cm is stronger on paper :muscle: but a tad heavier, and quite a bit less expensive here in Canada.

Just checked and confirmed Echo 501P MSRP is $629.95 in Ontario.
If you look around some dealers will offer 15% off on their annual "One Day Sale."

Latest posts

Back