576xp being replaced with 572XP . . . Latest generation auto tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are of course not the max rpm, but the max power rpm.

Hey Niko,
Nice to see you again.

Yes, I would imagine the saw can spool faster than that. It may even have rev boost the way the 562xp does. I think this 9000 rpm is more indicative of the power curve of the saw, and where is peak horsepower.

Hey Niko,
Nice to see you again.

Yes, I would imagine the saw can spool faster than that. It may even have rev boost the way the 562xp does. I think this 9000 rpm is more indicative of the power curve of the saw, and where is peak horsepower.

Thank you - I am around most days, but mostly just in the "Good Morning thread" these days. :)
I'm a bit tired of mainly discussing/answering the same topics over and over again in the chainsaw forum....

Peak (max) power rpm tend to vary a bit between individual saws of the same model, but according to the specs it should average around 9900. This actually is lower than for the smaller 5xx xp models - which makes sense.

More weight isn't exactly what I was hoping for but do like the 576xp so we'll see. All I can say is this new saw better haul azz.

Those are of course not the max rpm, but the max power rpm.
Hey Niko.
Right, I noticed that.

Though I saw the m/s2 A(8)
(Metres pre sec squared on an 8 hour average) on the original technical data sheet in German. It was not included here.
I know its higher as well with the 462.
Weight can be a funny thing though.
With the 372 having almost .8 of a lite fuel & almost .4 L oil. That's 2 1//4 lb easy.
It's not like I notice the weight when I fill up. At least not when its in a constant rotation. The maneuverability is all there.
The half a kg may suite it just fine.
5.75 h is a good amount with about the same displacement. A MM will put it with a 390 stock and if it ports out well with the heavy bearings in it then it may get popular on the coast.

What do you think the difference is to get a third more HP over the 372?
Or whatever different than the 565?
I think it's got crank suffers
Maybe different cranks all together between the new models.
Think that's what they originally tried with the 365 vs 371/372
A consumer saw that they could offer much cheaper but the cranks Failed.

More weight isn't exactly what I was hoping for but do like the 576xp so we'll see. All I can say is this new saw better haul azz.

I basically agree - and suspect that they have beefed up the model, compared to the early test saws?

A comment from @spike60 would be welcome.

That said, the weight gain compared to the early (original) editions of the 372 may not be as large as the specs indicate, as 6.1 kg never was quite true (as far as I now) - particularly not with the "HD" (high top) version sold in the US. There should be little difference compared to the x-torq version of the 372.

Then the weight of the power-head just is one of several factors that decide how heavy the saw feels in the hands - weight distribution is very important.

What do you think the difference is to get a third more HP over the 372?
Or whatever different than the 565?
I think it's got crank suffers
Maybe different cranks all together between the new models.
Think that's what they originally tried with the 365 vs 371/372
A consumer saw that they could offer much cheaper but the cranks Failed.

The engine is a very different design from the original 372 in multiple ways, as are other factors involved in making power, so it is hard (impossible really) to pinpoint what makes the difference.
One thing is that the stroke is a lot longer (as expected, based on the smaller 5xx vs. 3xx saws), and the bore smaller. This is just one of several changes though.

It seems the benefit will be balance. Which I will agree that the 550 and 562 have over the 346 and 357. I think we can all agree the durability goes to the 300 series over the 500 series.

It seems the benefit will be balance. Which I will agree that the 550 and 562 have over the 346 and 357. I think we can all agree the durability goes to the 300 series over the 500 series.

Isn't the 550 lighter than the 346? And isn't the 562 lighter than the 357? If that's true, then the same bar on equal engine saws would be more nose heavy with the lighter engine, and "better balanced" with the heavier power head. No?

If the new 572 is heavier than the original 372, it could balance a longer bar better. But the new 572 has a smaller gas and oil capacity than the older 372, so all filled up the weights may be similar.

The 300 series was a simpler design; easier to work on, less things to go wrong. But the new 5 series is very efficient, and a tank of gas lasts a lot longer with a strato engine. With the addition of fuel purge valves, and auto-tune, it makes for a more convenient saw to own and operate. It will likely be more expensive too, in the long run, since dealer support will be more crucial for maintenance required of the electronics.

But the new 572 has a smaller gas and oil capacity than the older 372, so all filled up the weights may be similar.

But the new 5 series is very efficient, and a tank of gas lasts a lot longer with a strato engine.
I cut down your post to highlight the things I don't quite understand about this new saw, and I have one more point to add.
The max oil flow is greater than the 372, but it has a smaller oil tank and expected greater fuel efficiency.
Are we going to see a saw that runs out of oil before it runs out of fuel if the oiler is turned up to max? Logically husqvarna wouldn't test this saw for years and release it like this, but...... I'll be curious to see.

I cut down your post to highlight the things I don't quite understand about this new saw, and I have one more point to add.
The max oil flow is greater than the 372, but it has a smaller oil tank and expected greater fuel efficiency.
Are we going to see a saw that runs out of oil before it runs out of fuel if the oiler is turned up to max? Logically husqvarna wouldn't test this saw for years and release it like this, but...... I'll be curious to see.

Very good point. We'll have to see. On paper it seems to indicate a problem, but in real world testing I have no idea.

As long as it sounds good I'm likely to fork over the cash and give it a try. I wasn't able to find any other saw that has the same 48 x 39 bore x stroke, but the closest saw i have is the Stihl 041 super that is 48 x 40 and that saw sounds great, granted a very different muffler design. I've been using a 550xp for mostly everything and have been satisfied so far, the old 372xp is ready to retire, and the 066 just feels really heavy with a lot of vibration now that i've been spoiled.

Talked to the dealer ... It will be on display at the "UP State Loggers Congress" Sept 7th, 8th & 9th.

They set up. Allow you to run everything in wood, safety tips, etc... He said they sell 1/3 of their sales, "for the year", their.

They may have and allow you to ... "Check it With a Heat Temp Gun"

Didn't I read that although it is being announced on Aug 17th, it won't be available for sale stateside until the following year?

Didn't I read that although it is being announced on Aug 17th, it won't be available for sale stateside until the following year?
I haven't heard an actual date for when they are on sale - but I have no husky hook ups that tell me things.
It was public knowledge that the stihl 462 would be on sale in Germany by the end of the month well before I heard that husqvarna was having an international "release" magically a fortnight earlier than stihl.
I may be overly cynical but I doubt these two things aren't related.
Not sure what good it will do husqvarna as on paper specifications are not in their favour, I can only imagine they want to get these saws in consumers hands asap.

I basically agree - and suspect that they have beefed up the model, compared to the early test saws?

A comment from @spike60 would be welcome.

That said, the weight gain compared to the early (original) editions of the 372 may not be as large as the specs indicate, as 6.1 kg never was quite true (as far as I now) - particularly not with the "HD" (high top) version sold in the US. There should be little difference compared to the x-torq version of the 372.

Then the weight of the power-head just is one of several factors that decide how heavy the saw feels in the hands - weight distribution is very important.

Not a big one on specs as you well know. They did beef up the bottom end and are using 288/395 size bearings as an upgrade from the 372 size bearing. May add some weight but the bottom end ought to be close to bullet proof.

Can't imagine anyone will be disappointed with the power; they do indeed rip. :)

Not a big one on specs as you well know. They did beef up the bottom end and are using 288/395 size bearings as an upgrade from the 372 size bearing. May add some weight but the bottom end ought to be close to bullet proof.

Can't imagine anyone will be disappointed with the power; they do indeed rip. :)

Surely about as expected, based on what you have said earlier. I'm not worried at all about performance. :)

Now I do of course wonder for how long the "final" version actually have been ready for release "at he right time" - but we likely never will know that.....:lol:

Latest posts

Back