6 Cubes Of Echo Added To The Stable!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked this up about 2 weeks ago off ebay. I wanted to post this sooner but had to go threw a few things on the saw. It ran but the decomp leaked and actually fell out of the cylinder the 1st time i ran it. I had to order a bolt to block it off since it was a funny thread size. I tried putting the decomp back in but still leaked...maybe it can be fixed later. I had the handle bars welded up since I do not have a tig. Seems to run very well but I think it needs gone threw the carb just to be sure. As you can see this thing has monstrous compression. I do not have a gauge but its well over 200psi...even more then my stock appearing race saw poulan 6000 and that saw is stout.

Here is the decomp fix. It's a M10x1.25x16mm allen head bolt with a copper crush washer, a nut spun on up against the head of the bolt and another copper crush washer between the bolt and cylinder.
DSC01006.jpg

The P/C are like new on this one.
DSC01007.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

Ofcourse a video.
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ut5R-cywQEQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ut5R-cywQEQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not to shabby Rick,
Glad you got it straightened out.

Lee

Thanks lee. Yea finally got her straightened out. Had the starter handle break in my hand earlier on this beast. Stopped by cuttin Scotts and got some nice dolmar ones. You need 2 hands to pull this saw over. I got clutch springs on order to... Hope they don't turn out to be nla after waiting for them.

did you have to remove any more weld to fit the handle ?? i think we need to see it in some big wood lol soon??
No sir it fit the way it was so I left it for strength. Well get it in big wood this next weekend.

Btw everyone rep Jimmy for helping me out with getting the bar welded. Also cause I made him wait 30 minutes on the side of the road when he was really busy to get the bar back.

ok lets get technical the wrap handle got weld repaired ,the bar is where the chain lives lol we forgive ya rick ,glad to see it back together jk

Very nice! Got to see one for the first time at the GTG last weekend. That saw has presence......ah in other words....its big

That is a cool orange six cubes you got there... looks like a lot of fun considering 200+ psi...:blob2:

Be careful with them spikes... :eek: them things are fricking wicked!!!

I did not, the owner was still tracking down parts. It is a cool saw with monster comp.

Shame we don't live closer. You got some monster wood in your videos this thing would like.

Nice Rick! Thats got to be a strong one. :rock:

Thanks Mark. I hope it cuts as strong as the comp feels.

That is a cool orange six cubes you got there... looks like a lot of fun considering 200+ psi...:blob2:

Be careful with them spikes... :eek: them things are fricking wicked!!!

Those are actually homelite 750 spikes. The past owner modded them to fit and they sure are nice on there. i just changed up the mounting hardware a little though.

Shame we don't live closer. You got some monster wood in your videos this thing would like.

Thanks Mark. I hope it cuts as strong as the comp feels.

Those are actually homelite 750 spikes. The past owner modded them to fit and they sure are nice on there. i just changed up the mounting hardware a little though.

I'm gonna need a template of those... :D Someday I plan to get a decent size sheet of 4030 and have spikes cut out, big Mac spikes, big Homelite spikes, and many more big spikes. :)

Nice Echo Rick, It sounds good.:cheers:

I like the Poulan with full wrap. Witch one is that?

Back