661 muffler mod test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had one of those expensive computer Fluke IR guns for a few nights. It was interesting to see how the dual port, triple port, and single port all made high temperature "clouds" of exhaust air on the display screen.

Where they were (high temperature pockets or clouds) hanging around probably helps the single exhaust exit the most, as it was breathing in the coolest (cleanest) fresh air, along with the operator.

From my testing on the 461 and 660. Removing the baffle completely in a dual port muffler 461 and a dual port muffler 660 caused times to be 1-2 seconds SLOWER on avg in a ~30 second long cut.

That said I don't know what would be the case for a ported 461 or 660.

On my stock saw testing i found on my 460 and 660 ,they ran good with the baffles vs gutted like you did ,on my ported 660 and 461 i tried to keep baffles to quiet them down ,but lost as much as 3 sec in a 30 sec cut over the gutted ones ,these were my results on my 2 saws i checked out ,the porting pumping more air is all i can see needing the free flowing gutted mufflers

Latest posts

Back