661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris you still burning lucas or have you moved on to something cheaper?
Right now i'm using up some Maxima Super M i have. I gotta burn up some of the oil i have in my stash. I'm gonna give the Redmax oil a try its cheap and FD rated, i got a little 50:1 bottle with my new Redmax edger.

I'll end up using Lucas, Yamalube, or Redmax.....or maybe all 3 who knows.[emoji1]

Right now i'm using up some Maxima Super M i have. I gotta burn up some of the oil i have in my stash. I'm gonna give the Redmax oil a try its cheap and FD rated, i got a little 50:1 bottle with my new Redmax edger.

I'll end up using Lucas, Yamalube, or Redmax.....or maybe all 3 who knows.[emoji1]
the redmax is 36$ per gallon here at the dealership. its blended by citgo which also produces echo powerblend which is good oil.

Yah, Gary got married and left AS. Burned out after being a mod here no doubt.

GOO was an acronym for Gary's Own Oil (like Paul 'Newman's Own' products). And yes, its not fricken Amsoil. Gary Goo was invented here on AS in the best thread on oil ever. It all happened one afternoon in a collaborative effort. The good old days of AS.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a good time. ☺

I agree...
You should never use it again...

Like ever...

More for me..
Only been through like 3 gallons of it now..
Guess I should be blowing up my top end now...
Or maybe having some crank bearing failures...
Lol....

Ha, you can have it! I've used h1r, motul 800, maxima k2, used maxima 927 in my son's full pro circuit built race bike, used yamalube 2r, used castrol, when i logged we used penzoil 2 stroke mix oil. Everything 40:1, except the 927 was 32:1, never had abnormal wear or carbon build up, i don't kno which was best, comes down to availability, but i will stick with any of the synthetics from now on. Gotta say, one nice thing about the metric system here in canada, makes mixing much simpler!

metric what is that? i only mix one pint to 4 gallons of gas that seems easy to me.

H1r is the best oil!!!

at what ratio? :dizzy:...................:D i still think ya'll are over thinking it. i am not saying i never did but i have been running cheap **** oil at 40:1 for 2 weeks now. tempted to go to 50:1. i will not say i'm not scared to do so but i'm thinking about it with some of the beaters at least.

I don't like 50:1, I thought for sure my 346 was gonna pop today, in fact I'll bet you dollars to dognuts the P&C is scored.
What's up with all this misinformation?

My guess would be yes. Again IMHO the PIB is used to improve upon the lower quality base stock in Yamalube. One thing I am sure about, no one will agree with that.
Food for thought! Think its something to consider for sure. Would you say the same about K2 then as in base stock?

Back