661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even have you in mind[emoji1] milling alone justifies a big saw and long bar. I mean guys that could easily cut firewood year after year with nothing more than a 50cc-60cc saw.
you talking about me to chris :rolleyes: :laugh: i do my firewood with a 59cc.

I'm not a fan of Husky oil. None of their offerings are true synthetics. I've notices over time that the saws that I see running it are dirtier than others as well.
Reading this thread, I'm not sure I want a full synthetic. It sounds like a marketing gimmick to me.

I usually run the same 32:1. Sometimes I'll mix 25:1 or so just for milling.
Sound logic.. and someone who gets oil ratio is dictated by load and rpm.
A ported one with a 16" bar would be a mean SOB.
Even stock... a ported 660 is another bad azz firewood saw, especially when cutting decked logs.

Took down a very large standing dead red oak today and another dead one that a storm took out. One was 38" DBH and the other 33". Used my stock 562xp with a 24" bar and 72LGX chain. Needless to say the saw was given a work out. Especially so given the fact I had to rip the rounds in half to make handling easier. Knowing I was going to load the saw up pretty good I decided to try K2 at 20:1. Worked like a charm and noticed no differance in engine performance, smoke ,etc.
The only thing thing I can complain about was the fact that the 562's oiler isn't adequate for a 24" bar and the saw was way under powered for a denseView attachment 429263 UP red oak of this size
That looks like a prime example as an application for 800!:D
I actually ran a tank of 800 this weekend @ 40:1 and have to say had hardly any smoke no drool and was quite a pleasant smell compared with H1r!

I dont really have anything to contribute to these oil threads..but i have a BG 86 blower that i bet has well over 100 tanks of fuel through it..probably alot more actually and i ran it at 32:1 with belray and 90 e free gas and i took a peek at the piston on all sides and it looks brand new , just a little brown on the top bit no wear on the skirt or anything..does that mean anything ?

And i changed the plug this year and it looked like it was burnin perfect ..idk..help me understand all this.

I dont really have anything to contribute to these oil threads..but i have a BG 86 blower that i bet has well over 100 tanks of fuel through it..probably alot more actually and i ran it at 32:1 with belray and 90 e free gas and i took a peek at the piston on all sides and it looks brand new , just a little brown on the top bit no wear on the skirt or anything..does that mean anything ?

And i changed the plug this year and it looked like it was burnin perfect ..idk..help me understand all this.
Blower runs wide open most of the time. That probably made a difference

Everything gets 32:1 these days. Saws, trimmers(FS130), blowers, clippers cultivators, augers, drills whatever happens to need mix is getting 32:1.

Have not had any problems that ratio being to much or not enough however if the cultivator(older Ryobi) idles for long the muffler starts getting oilly, cleans up fast WOT. Have not been able to remove that from idle. Been running about a gallon a week through that old Ryobi, shaft finally broke but the engine runs fine. Should have put some mix on the stubby flex cable.

If the tool came with a spark screen it still has it, the only "modified" or seriously repaired saw (350ish, squished, ground, bigger stuff) that I am currently using has a non modified muffler and screen. No issues with muffler/screen crud.

Latest posts

Back