661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probaly a lot you don't understand...
Absolutely! The weird & unwonderfull are really interesting sometimes, is there any chance of you timing some cuts at 20:1 & the recommended 50:1 so we can all understand what happens power wise, it could even back up your claims that its going to be better!
Thansk

Even though I am a low volume, non professional user I have read every post in this thread. It's OK we don't have a clear winner, as there is likely no such thing, but there has been maybe 5 or 6 contenders, mostly motorcycle oils. Of these I don't recall any jabs directed at r2 or k2 and even they are very different from each other. That tells me something. If I can't use the best then I will use the ones with the least negative feedback. I think? Maybe? LOL

Absolutely! The weird & unwonderfull are really interesting sometimes, is there any chance of you timing some cuts at 20:1 & the recommended 50:1 so we can all understand what happens power wise, it could even back up your claims that its going to be better!
Thansk
What claims? And
Thansk
I have no reason to believe that my 562 was down on power at 201:1. It ran great. And half azzed unscientific test are a waste of time and money..
Besides I didn't run 20:1 to make more power. I did so to protect the motor under extreme conditions, like ripping these rounds in half.20150607_165235.jpg

Tonight, I am going to grab a picture of what 5 gallons of 32:1 H1R did to a non-adjustable carb'd moto-bike .................... pitifull !!

Cool , i just ran it in my blower never in my saws a whole lot..i probably actually have ran north of 200 tanks of fuel in that blower..between my yard with all our maple trees and our gutters plus the elderly people in my neighborhood with their gutters theres days i put 5 tanks through it..im gonna get a redmax backpack this fall .. that handheld does the job , but i need one with more balls

Cool , i just ran it in my blower never in my saws a whole lot..i probably actually have ran north of 200 tanks of fuel in that blower..between my yard with all our maple trees and our gutters plus the elderly people in my neighborhood with their gutters theres days i put 5 tanks through it..im gonna get a redmax backpack this fall .. that handheld does the job , but i need one with more balls
H1R may be the worst oils I have ever seen.

I wonder how many tree are passed up that only need a 50cc-60cc saws on AS to find trees to justify the BSLB syndrome
LOL ‼
I don't have a BSLB, and I still pass up the small trees for the bigger ones.
Big trees mean more wood, less bark, and you're not constantly movin' the tools and equipment from location to location.
My little 48.7 cc 026 gets it done... with 16 and 20 inch bars.

Oh‼ I forgot, this is an oil thread... 50:1 Stihl orange bottle dino oil.

oak1.JPG oak2.JPG oak3.JPG oak4.JPG

LOL ‼
I don't have a BSLB, and I still pass up the small trees for the bigger ones.
Big trees mean more wood, less bark, and you're not constantly movin' the tools and equipment from location to location.
My little 48.7 cc 026 gets it done... with 16 and 20 inch bars.

Oh‼ I forgot, this is an oil thread... 50:1 Stihl orange bottle dino oil.

View attachment 429394 View attachment 429395 View attachment 429396 View attachment 429397
That saw looks used too....another AS no no[emoji1]

That saw looks used too....another AS no no
emoji1.png
:laughing: If compressed air won't clean it off... then it don't get cleaned off‼
It's looked "used" ever since the first time I "used" it :dancing:

That chain is mighty loose WS !!
Yeah, someone always mentions that.
I was in the process of swapping to the 16 inch bar for cuttin' up the limbs when I decided (as an after thought) to snap a couple of pics for the "Firewood Forum".
I didn't run it loose (even the bar nuts are loose), I just didn't tighten it back up for the photo-op (shrug) I reckon I could'a finished the bar swap first, but I didn't wanna' give the impression I used the 16 inch bar to put those two trees on the ground. On hindsight, considerin' how many times I've explained it, I wish I would'a spent the extra 3 seconds to snug it back up :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back