7 HP 60cc work saw!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can it be built!

• Total voters
TTT!

worth another lookie to see how the vote is going. very interesting results so far, finally a poll stihl does not win by 2/3 margin.

:clap:

the figures given show a specific output of 116 bhp/litre, not over the odds at all. I'd say it is possible and indeed likely, but who, and how are as yet unknown.

I would prob try it on an 036 or 362 husky... Not sure if the little case huskys could hold. And I don't have much experience with the 361's yet. I'm sure the 362 case would hold up ok since its a 372 anyhow but hey its still 60+ cc's so would fit the criteria. Would rather see someone say a 7hp 12lb powerhead... Would make it a little more fair. Put on a biggger jug with a lightened/coated piston and poof. Who cares about cc's if it weighs the same. You can even get torque that way too. Just my .02 cents

Here is a plot of my ported 359, peeking out just over 7HP and fairly high RPM, it won't take much advantage of the higher RPM HP over 13,000, but still will hold 12K to 13K in the wood.

Just numbers yes, real world it stomps a stock 066 or 395 by a fair margin same bar, chain, and 8 pin gear.

Last edited:
Haven't they already been built? I'm not sure what a dyno would say but at the current time I have one workhorse 262xp that kicks some serious @$$. I know the Stihl guys out there get upset when reminded Husky has already made a stock saw that nothing Stihl makes in an unmodified form can compete with unless you add about 30cc to the saw.

I have had a couple 262's and they are pretty good but still under 5hp I think 4.8... So a little more than a 036 but much less than a 440. If you cut little stuff they really shine.. I don't suggest you put a 32" bar on one anytime soon.

Haven't they already been built? I'm not sure what a dyno would say but at the current time I have one workhorse 262xp that kicks some serious @$$. I know the Stihl guys out there get upset when reminded Husky has already made a stock saw that nothing Stihl makes in an unmodified form can compete with unless you add about 30cc to the saw.

I run many different makes. That statement is the biggest crock of BS one could ever make. I think you are more impressed with your opinion than your saw. At least the saw deserves some accolades.

I run many different makes. That statement is the biggest crock of BS one could ever make. I think you are more impressed with your opinion than your saw. At least the saw deserves some accolades.

So says the person who owns 90 percent Stihl. And yes I saw you own a few Huskies and a few other makes also. I have run numerous saws over the years and still own several of them. I have used and or owned many Stihls and always thought something was lacking from them. I was converted to Huskies by the 261 which just plain out cut the Stihl I had at the time. I would put a stock 262 against any other saw in it's size category confident that it will out work a comparable saw.

Just before Ike hit I was working with one of my bosses who has an 046. We were cutting the same wood with identical chains. Both were new out of the box at the start. We were cutting it into firewood size sections. The 262 plain and simple out worked the 046 in every cut. By the time he was on the second 20 foot section of pine I was finishing my third section.

So anytime you want to let me know and come on down to Texas and bring what you want. We'll go head to head and see what cuts better. Actually you can ask Fireman here on the site or Treeslayer as both have seen my 262 in action.

So says the person who owns 90 percent Stihl. And yes I saw you own a few Huskies and a few other makes also. I have run numerous saws over the years and still own several of them. I have used and or owned many Stihls and always thought something was lacking from them. I was converted to Huskies by the 261 which just plain out cut the Stihl I had at the time. I would put a stock 262 against any other saw in it's size category confident that it will out work a comparable saw.

Just before Ike hit I was working with one of my bosses who has an 046. We were cutting the same wood with identical chains. Both were new out of the box at the start. We were cutting it into firewood size sections. The 262 plain and simple out worked the 046 in every cut. By the time he was on the second 20 foot section of pine I was finishing my third section.

So anytime you want to let me know and come on down to Texas and bring what you want. We'll go head to head and see what cuts better. Actually you can ask Fireman here on the site or Treeslayer as both have seen my 262 in action.

Seems you may have skipped a few math classes. 90% Stihl?? I see your not much on facts. I don't dispute the Husky VS Anything else for that matter. It's your BS statement about needing 30cc more to do so. I know, another math issue.

When a supposedly stock 262 beats a stock 046 Stihl three to two I know for sure someone is either BS ing about the stock part or the 046 is very sick or its chain (or both).

When a supposedly stock 262 beats a stock 046 Stihl three to two I know for sure someone is either BS ing about the stock part or the 046 is very sick or its chain (or both).

Not only that, I have several saws of various manufacture that are less than 92cc that would smoke a stock 262. They would be stock and old and if he wishes. His statement is ludicrous.

I have a very low hour 262xp and a 261 with a 262 piston,clutch and muffler and both run really good ......There not going to beat any saws 30cc bigger unless its twigs there cutting.........

Oh ya ...My 262 will beat the pants off a 372 and runs right on the heals of a 390 in 20"wood.......Now this statement is true BS.....

Last edited:
I don't recall ever saying my 262 was completely stock. It only has slight tuning done to it. When I get some down time I will be making a dual port muffler for it and really making it scream. And I stand corrected you have 30 stihls that I counted in your signature Bigbore and 20 of different makes. But you only have 6 Huskies. I will you give you some credit for having the same saw I started with in the old Mall so you can't be all bad. And again I'm easy to find in Texas. Let me know when and I will do what I can to make it and we'll go head to head and see what you have that can cut as fast as the 262. If we want to go over a 20 inch bar and 80ccs I'll break out the 385 and tune it up.

I don't recall ever saying my 262 was completely stock. It only has slight tuning done to it. When I get some down time I will be making a dual port muffler for it and really making it scream. And I stand corrected you have 30 stihls that I counted in your signature Bigbore and 20 of different makes. But you only have 6 Huskies. I will you give you some credit for having the same saw I started with in the old Mall so you can't be all bad. And again I'm easy to find in Texas. Let me know when and I will do what I can to make it and we'll go head to head and see what you have that can cut as fast as the 262. If we want to go over a 20 inch bar and 80ccs I'll break out the 385 and tune it up.

I have a better idea, bring that 262 on down to NC and dance with my 460, it will do the 2 step on your 262's arse. I bet you would shi* if a 026 smoked that 262 eh? Our saws are not unbeatable, there will always be someone faster.;)

When I head that direction to visit my dad. I'll let you know and we'll see what they do. I won't promise it will be in the same condition then it is in now. I'm looking at a Makita with the 7900 kit to replace the 262 with so I can start really playing with the 262 and make it nasty. Mind you by then the timing and compression will probably be modified also.

You can dance around all you want. The statement that it takes a Stihl plus 30cc to match a Husky is hog wash. We all take poetic license to get a point across but, that statement takes the cake. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody on who's saw can beat who's. However, I do take exception to bashers that can not substantiate their claims. I've even seen Husky owners that have far more Huskies than my lowly 6 take you to task on your statement. However, I don't see any backing you up. Just admit it, your statement was absurd.

So it is not stock and cut times were not compared with the samechain swapped onto the stock 046. That simply adds nothing to the credibility of your story to anyone who is familiar with those two saws in stock form on an apples to apples contest. That is about like me saying that I have a lightly tuned 260 Stihl that will out cut a Husky 3120 on 4 inch wood.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever saying my 262 was completely stock.

Just before Ike hit I was working with one of my bosses who has an 046. We were cutting the same wood with identical chains. Both were new out of the box at the start.

I do.

And I stand corrected you have 30 stihls that I counted in your signature Bigbore and 20 of different makes.

BTW, wrong again.

Last edited:
Back