7 HP 60cc work saw!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can it be built!

• Total voters
Just before Ike hit I was working with one of my bosses who has an 046. We were cutting the same wood with identical chains. Both were new out of the box at the start.

I do.

I said the chains were new out of the box not the saws. Mine then and now has been tuned. We were both running 20 inch bars with 3/8 carlton chain on them. Both chains were brand new and came out of the box onto the saws.

About the only advantage I may have had was a sprocket nose bar. He for some reason likes hard nose bars.

I will stand by my statement that Husky made a saw years ago that was more powerful in stock form than any other saw in stock form in the 60cc class.

I have went up against 90cc saws and went toe to toe with them and won most of the time. I have been beaten a couple of times. The ones that beat me were all running a 20 inch bar and over 90cc.

I may not have the posts built up yet to back my knowledge and experience but I have been working with saws since I was in my early teens. I have been working on equipment since the same time. At the current time I have 15 years plus of experience with saws and other equipment. Again I will put my saw against any saw in it's class up to a 70cc saw.

Haven't they already been built? I'm not sure what a dyno would say but at the current time I have one workhorse 262xp that kicks some serious @$$. I know the Stihl guys out there get upset when reminded Husky has already made a stock saw that nothing Stihl makes in an unmodified form can compete with unless you add about 30cc to the saw.

Just before Ike hit I was working with one of my bosses who has an 046. We were cutting the same wood with identical chains. Both were new out of the box at the start. We were cutting it into firewood size sections. The 262 plain and simple out worked the 046 in every cut. By the time he was on the second 20 foot section of pine I was finishing my third section.

So it is not stock and cut times were not compared with the samechain swapped onto the stock 046. That simply adds nothing to the credibility of your story to anyone who is familiar with those two saws in stock form on an apples to apples contest. That is about like me saying that I have a lightly tuned 260 Stihl that will out cut a Husky 3120 on 4 inch wood.

Frank I have to agree with you 100%..........:clap: :clap:

10 to 12 HP @ 59cc

I figure this husky 359 (posted video before) to be in the 10 to 12 hp range run with pump gas and muffler. But then it has a few stihl parts in it.

Holds 14k in the wood and turns 18k to 19k out of the wood.

Won't make any more than 3 cuts and its hot.:blob2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-iKroEAU14

It cannot be done, anything over 5hp in 60cc is to much fun to be work,

I have a better idea, bring that 262 on down to NC and dance with my 460, it will do the 2 step on your 262's arse. I bet you would shi* if a 026 smoked that 262 eh? Our saws are not unbeatable, there will always be someone faster.;)

I think I can make that.

I said the chains were new out of the box not the saws. Mine then and now has been tuned. We were both running 20 inch bars with 3/8 carlton chain on them. Both chains were brand new and came out of the box onto the saws.

About the only advantage I may have had was a sprocket nose bar. He for some reason likes hard nose bars.

I will stand by my statement that Husky made a saw years ago that was more powerful in stock form than any other saw in stock form in the 60cc class.

I have went up against 90cc saws and went toe to toe with them and won most of the time. I have been beaten a couple of times. The ones that beat me were all running a 20 inch bar and over 90cc.

I may not have the posts built up yet to back my knowledge and experience but I have been working with saws since I was in my early teens. I have been working on equipment since the same time. At the current time I have 15 years plus of experience with saws and other equipment. Again I will put my saw against any saw in it's class up to a 70cc saw.

You've back peddled considerably and this statement only slightly resembles your original. Next time I'd suggest you think about what you claim unless you enjoy the responses you received.

BTW:
Again I will put my saw against any saw in it's class up to a 70cc saw.
Again?? This was never your stance from the beginning.

This was:
I know the Stihl guys out there get upset when reminded Husky has already made a stock saw that nothing Stihl makes in an unmodified form can compete with unless you add about 30cc to the saw.

You've back peddled considerably and this statement only slightly resembles your original. Next time I'd suggest you think about what you claim unless you enjoy the responses you received.

BTW:
Again I will put my saw against any saw in it's class up to a 70cc saw.
Again?? This was never your stance from the beginning.

This was:
I know the Stihl guys out there get upset when reminded Husky has already made a stock saw that nothing Stihl makes in an unmodified form can compete with unless you add about 30cc to the saw.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Careful eating the popcorn, the sh!! got deep in here fast.

262s, 359s, and Poulans, Oh my. We're not in Kansas anymore.

:deadhorse:

Nice running 359, is the carb off a Stihl? :hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown:

It cannot be done, anything over 5hp in 60cc is to much fun to be work,

I think I can make that.

hee, hee,

we need to get together @ the next GTG!

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back