80cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a Stihl MS460? 77 cc's. That would be my choice, but then again I don't know too much about saws.

:clap: "Don't know too much about saws"....But, if a guy muff modded a WildThingie and put a big nitrous tank on it.......

Just kidding, one of those new Macs with the flame stickers on it, now that would fly.

Mark

In saw content I would say put that Jred to use!

I noticed that you like Jonsereds Austin1, I just picked up my second one this weekend. Its a 2095 Turbo and like all Jonsereds I know little about them . The 930 I got a couple months back works great and this one will also,just got to replace the clutch cover and chain brake and away she goes. Should cut those soft poplar trees like knife through butter but do a good job cutting hard maple here as well. Pioneerguy600

Jd cs81

enough ump too pull from 16" --->36":dizzy: i run mine with a 32" bar and full skip. i put a 28" bar and comp safety on her today just too put my boss's :censored: :censored: :censored: krapsy 359 etech no start saw. my boss is limited in the saw useage area. loaned him my baby of a saw, a 260 pro stihl with a 24" bar and full skip non safety chain and 460 dawgs and 3/4 wrap handle. he just gave the :censored: krapsky 359 etech. looks like 80 cc is all a person need for firewood cuttin. the jd 80cc is no light weight limin saw:greenchainsaw:

HEHEHEHE. That's because the old, original MAC's are still running. I just had my 27 year old Pro-Mac 610 out yesterday. Pulls a 16" full chipper just dandy............and I don't have to worry about wrecking my new Husky on dirt, nails, etc.
I worry more about damaging my Mac's! as they are not replaceable. I think of them as precious jewls! lol

That just had to happen, the 385 and 390 is too close for both stay in the line-up over time.........:) Its a shame to see it go its one of my favorites dont know why but i grab my 385 before my 390.

Wonder what happens to the 2186........
They will probly put the 390 cylinder on it i guess.

j-red

That just had to happen, the 385 and 390 is too close for both stay in the line-up over time.........:)

Wonder what happens to the 2186........

I don't know but.....j-red CS2191 has a nice ring to it........:greenchainsaw:

I know it's different stroke's for different folk's..............But, I've got 2 new helper's who haven't run anything over a 20" bar. I gave one a 357 w/20" bar to run, and the other is running a 7900 w/20" bar. In my opinion a 20" bar on a 7900 is a waste of gas (unless you're racing).

Andy

Latest posts

Back