A few Husky/Stihl questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow I'm going to stop and look at the MS361 after work. There's a stihl dealer a block away. Looks like I should expect about $600? At least that's what the Stihl site says. Does anyone know what a 359 or a 357xp would run? I can also check them, but will have to drive about an extra 10 miles.

Tomorrow I'm going to stop and look at the MS361 after work. There's a stihl dealer a block away. Looks like I should expect about $600? At least that's what the Stihl site says. Does anyone know what a 359 or a 357xp would run? I can also check them, but will have to drive about an extra 10 miles.

357 runs about as much as 361, 359 last time I checked was around $450

Okay guys, I stopped at two Stihl dealers. I'll have to say, I am pretty impressed with the MS361 for the money.

$549.00
20" bar with replaceable roller tip
Regular chain(not the safety chain)
Dealer is only 10 min from the house(full service and everything I would need while cutting)

I think I'm sold on it. Is this as good of a deal as it seems? The dealer 35 min away wanted $579.00. That was with a 20" bar and chain(bar with non-replaceable tip and safety chain I think). Thanks for the help guys!

Okay guys, I stopped at two Stihl dealers. I'll have to say, I am pretty impressed with the MS361 for the money.

$549.00
Dealer is only 10 min from the house(full service and everything I would need while cutting)

I think I'm sold on it. Is this as good of a deal as it seems? The dealer 35 min away wanted $579.00. That was with a 20" bar and chain(bar with non-replaceable tip and safety chain I think). Thanks for the help guys!

550 is a deal for that setup. I would get it.... However... I've had the 361 for almost a year now.... If I knew what I know now, then.... I would've went with Husky. My 361 is a like new dust collector.... My 1997 Husky's see all the duty...:)

$549.00

That's a good price, and with a dealer nearby, all the better. Jump on it! You'll love the 361.

$549.00

Thats a good deal! If my dealer knocks off 10 bucks he acts like I stole a sandwich from his kids lunchbox. Seriously though, if you don't need the saw on a daily professional basis don't buy the 361, you would be better off getting the 372 or trying to find a 440, the 361 is an awesome saw but will leave you needing a bigger saw and spending more money. If I was a firewood cutter or weekend warrior I would go with a 70+ cc with a 20" and an extra bigger bar for those big jobs, price wise your in the general neighborhood for a do it all saw

Get the 359, it will cut just as fast and is 150 to 175 less than the 361. I've ran the 359's for years and they hold up very well and have enough grunt to pull a 24" bar fairly easily if you keep a sharp chain. I bought the 361 and honestly don't see what all the hype is when you factor in the price.

I agree! A 359 is a better saw and at 450.00 you can't go wrong.:)

When I purchased my first ms361, price was just shy of $600. The Husky dealer wanted almost $50 more for the 357xp. I actually bought both my 361's off fleabay and I have not been disappointed. The 361 is my "go to" saw and I have quite a menagerie to choose from. If I had to choose a Husky, I would skip the 357xp and just get the 372xp.

I think the power/weight on a 361 is just about perfect for my taste and 90% of the cutting I do. I run the bigger saws for fun.

I really do want a 372xp to add to my collection but I really can't justify it with a 440, 441, 460 and a couple of 7900's. I would have to say that the 440 is about the biggest I like to swing all day long and even it gets a bit heavy after a few hours.

I think you will be very impressed with the 361.

$549.00

Go for it, but preferably with a shorter bar, if you don't really need a 20" one......:)

Get the 359, it will cut just as fast and is 150 to 175 less than the 361. I've ran the 359's for years and they hold up very well and have enough grunt to pull a 24" bar fairly easily if you keep a sharp chain. I bought the 361 and honestly don't see what all the hype is when you factor in the price.

I agree! A 359 is a better saw and at 450.00 you can't go wrong.:)

Even though I mostly prefer Huskys, NO WAY!!!!!!!

P7220006Medium.jpg

Decided to go with this one. The dealer tossed in a 4 pack of chain files(with handle), bar cover extension, and a hat. I guess that stuff don't add up to much, but it was definitely appreciated!

I went out and turned some oak logs into dust! It definitely seems to live up to my expectations! Will find out tomorrow when I'm helping my dad clear some area for shooting clay pigeons.

Thanks for all the help guys! I wouldn't have known what to even look at if not for this site.:cheers:

attachment.php

Here little Troll..............Try this 359 out it might just change your mind....BTW its all stock even the chain......;) ;) ;) ;)

It even has the green fuel cap ..........:D :D

Last edited:
Back