A little OT, but what is kerosene selling for in your area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Wondering if it's as bad as UT. I'm considering Jet A fuel from the airport. This does concern home heating...I use wood and K1.

last check... bartlesville, OK..

$4.79 gal for Kerosene... diesel pumps were at $3.85 gal , same gas station

Wondering if it's as bad as UT. I'm considering Jet A fuel from the airport. This does concern home heating...I use wood and K1.

If you are using this fuel for residential heating, why not just go with #2 offroad diesel. it is cheaper than K1 that's for sure.. it is pretty much the same as home heating oil. I have looked around in my area and Kero is alot more expensive than #2.

Average 3.99 a gallon in Cleveland...what is it in UT?

I supplement with K1 also and we bought a little at a time throughout the summer...stored in 55gal barrels we should have enough to get through winter I'm hoping:dizzy: :cry: !

4.25 here hasnt moved in 3 months i burn it in my truck if its cheaper than diesel its k1 clear burns extremly hot we checked the cetane its 75

diesel #2 is about $4.50
kero #1 is about $4.19

I use to run kero in my diesel rabbit because it was 30 cents cheaper.

Just go with Jet A.

You know, I'm really considering Jet A. I've heard that it's even more refined than #1. Is that true? Why then, do the kerosene heater instructions say K1 ONLY? Jet A is about $5/gal.

Average 3.99 a gallon in Cleveland...what is it in UT?

I supplement with K1 also and we bought a little at a time throughout the summer...stored in 55gal barrels we should have enough to get through winter I'm hoping:dizzy: :cry: !

Hold on to you hat for this one. Two different places I checked have the #1 at nearly $10/gal!!! Hence my keen interest in Jet A.

Yeeouch:jawdrop: !! Is that at the pump?!?! Around here you pay about $10gal at a hardware store but at the pump you can get it at 3.99gal.

That's a 55 gal barrel.:dizzy:
Better news, though. I was wondering if this was a regional thing or if I'm dealing with local petro-rapists. So I called a oil company in SLC who told me they'd deliver a 55 gal drum to my home for $290 + $30 for the drum. That's still $5.80/gal for the first drum...but better than the local alternative. The Jet A at the airport is $5.03.

That's a 55 gal barrel.:dizzy:
Better news, though. I was wondering if this was a regional thing or if I'm dealing with local petro-rapists. So I called a oil company in SLC who told me they'd deliver a 55 gal drum to my home for $290 + $30 for the drum. That's still $5.80/gal for the first drum...but better than the local alternative. The Jet A at the airport is $5.03.

Do you have anywhere nearby where you could pump your own? I bought some 55 gallon plastic barrels for 10 bucks apiece and load them on the truck and then fill them at the gas station. $220 to fill a barrel.

Good luck in your search...I hope it pays off in the end.:mad:

If you are going to use turbine fuel(jet-a) you want it without the a.The a in jet-a is for an anti-icing additive,you can purchase regular turbine fuel without the additive in it.All turbine fuel is is a super refined kerosene.You don't want to get caught putting kerosene in your diesel trucks because it is untaxed fuel(no road tax on it)

Back