Another fun day at the shop, shops share your stories..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you notice the smell of burning rubber around your girlie friends house lately, that wasn't a blur you notice the other day when she called you over, that was me fool,:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Now that's interesting...normally when you've been around, it just smells like a dumpster fire.

Now that's interesting...normally when you've been around, it just smells like a dumpster fire.

Awww so she did burn the "protection" like I told her, I told her not to flush those, they may stop up the toilet, LOLOLOLOLOL

Seems you got alot of time on your hands selling those Stihls.
Sounds like you know Michigan pretty good.

Who are you??,hehe

Manual where you been ole boy, long time no see. I know your flying around the world making the big buck but you got that laptop. You could post more so do it. Are you still in the saw biz or are you spending all your time making money now????????

Who are you??,hehe

Manual where you been ole boy, long time no see. I know your flying around the world making the big buck but you got that laptop. You could post more so do it. Are you still in the saw biz or are you spending all your time making money now????????

How ya been doing yourself?
I'll have to post some pic. of the wood lots here in Africa.
Now if you can sell a chainsaw here then I would say your the world king of kings.
I kid you not all I see are bow saws.
Making money? Ha The Wifey is putting new carpet down this week end.
Guess its going to take longer to get that pole barn built.

How ya been doing yourself?
I'll have to post some pic. of the wood lots here in Africa.
Now if you can sell a chainsaw here then I would say your the world king of kings.
I kid you not all I see are bow saws.
Making money? Ha The Wifey is putting new carpet down this week end.
Guess its going to take longer to get that pole barn built.

Well baby call me the King. Last week I sold 2-MS660's and a bunch of other goodies, all going to guess where, Africa. If you see 2 shiny 660's down there in the jungle they were mine.

New carpet, cool beans. Good to hear your doing good Manual. The pole barn can wait till you at least get home to build it,:cheers::cheers:

Well baby call me the King. Last week I sold 2-MS660's and a bunch of other goodies, all going to guess where, Africa. If you see 2 shiny 660's down there in the jungle they were mine.

New carpet, cool beans. Good to hear your doing good Manual. The pole barn can wait till you at least get home to build it,:cheers::cheers:

Well, Long live the king.
I'm about there with the funds for a pole barn.
Now you stay away from Michigan, I'd like to think my son still knows me.

Well, Long live the king.
I'm about there with the funds for a pole barn.
Now you stay away from Michigan, I'd like to think my son still knows me.

Awwwwwwww no need to fear. That boy and me, we like blood but he knows your his pappy. I always tell him not to worry, long as your traveling I'll be there to fill your shoes. He's slips up at times and calls me paw paw but I remind him I'm Thall Thall,LOLOLOL

Hardware Junkies

OK, I was reminded again today of one of those things that drive me nuts, which I'm sure all shops have to deal with: Hardware Junkies. Those guys who jam all kinds of random bolts and sheet metal screws into a piece of equipment and wreck all of the threads. Then they want you to fix all of the egged out holes. Had one guy who used too long of a bolt on the bottom of a 357 handle and wore a hole right through the crankcase. "This things leakin' oil like a som##### all over my new boots."

Sometimes I wonder what has the most loose screws, the saws or the customers. :chainsaw:

OK, I was reminded again today of one of those things that drive me nuts, which I'm sure all shops have to deal with: Hardware Junkies. Those guys who jam all kinds of random bolts and sheet metal screws into a piece of equipment and wreck all of the threads. Then they want you to fix all of the egged out holes. Had one guy who used too long of a bolt on the bottom of a 357 handle and wore a hole right through the crankcase. "This things leakin' oil like a som##### all over my new boots."

Sometimes I wonder what has the most loose screws, the saws or the customers. :chainsaw:

What happened to the original bolt ???..;) ...I see more bolts missing on certain brands .....

Bolts, screws, somebody say bolts and screws. That reminds me of the guy that came in the shop after buying a MS180 a few days before with the quick chain adjuster. He tells me the saw is missing a screw that attaches the adjuster to the bar. I go no, it only uses one screw. He isn't buying that. Now he's positive its missing that other screw. I take off his bar and the adjuster and tell him to find me the threads in the other hole for the missing screw. He goes it only has threads in one hole. I go thats right, thats why it only uses one screw. His reply, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. PITA customers, grrrrrr

LOL! I made my previous post fully aware of the opening it would give you.:cheers:

I love the Husky top cover and starter bolt's that fall out .......Got a nice bin full of them and Time-serts sitting here to fix them stripped bolt holes ..........It pays very well ...:clap::clap:

Last edited:
We call those random length, diameter, and pitch bolts, "landscaper bolts."

They have one coffee can of bolts in the truck, and that's what they are gonna use to fix whatever is broken!!

When I fix it right the second time around, I use what is called, expensive OEM parts!!

Have you notice the smell of burning rubber around your girlie friends house lately, that wasn't a blur you notice the other day when she called you over, that was me fool,:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Of course, the other thing I usually smell after you've been around is mace...

i actually had a customer bring in a tiller to be fixed also went to a customers house yesterday prior to me going to the er with heart issues yes my heart was acting up while i was working on the customers mtd rider lawn tractor yard machine brand

only thing that was needed to do is straighten the belt out and re attach it on the engine pulley they said they hit a stump and it thru the belt and the engager would not work so i went looked at it while he left to attend to the bug sprayer person i put the belt reattached it made sure the engager was engaging etc. said fixed

took about 15 minutes or less the best part was getting paid $ 30.00 the reason is i dont over charge customers trip charge $ 15.00 and $ 15.00 labor

so that is another happy customer locally who will tell everyone they know about how good work i do

etc.

thats what is happening here

thanks
calvin

Bolts, screws, somebody say bolts and screws. That reminds me of the guy that came in the shop after buying a MS180 a few days before with the quick chain adjuster. He tells me the saw is missing a screw that attaches the adjuster to the bar. I go no, it only uses one screw. He isn't buying that. Now he's positive its missing that other screw. I take off his bar and the adjuster and tell him to find me the threads in the other hole for the missing screw. He goes it only has threads in one hole. I go thats right, thats why it only uses one screw. His reply, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. PITA customers, grrrrrr

So what you are saying is you didn't explain the adjuster when you sold it to him, hence his question.....LOL:D

Back