Any Thoughts On This Sale?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd ditch the link to avoid trouble. Just mention the price an you're ok but posting links to non sponsors is a no no

I steer clear of any website that does not have a phone number or street address listed in the contact area. Why not e-mail them and tell them you want to pick it up in person and see what sort of response you get...

As Moody the Modder says, you need to delete the link.

Iron Head

I deleted the link for you. The ad is an absolute scam. It's been making the rounds for quite awhile now.

Next time you see something like you can post a direct link to a picture or description of the saw itself but not a link to the seller.

Or just jump on here first and ask somebody. Most of the guys really stay on top of this stuff and if it's a scam they usually know right away.

I actually found the ad on CL. I then replied to the ad and they sent me the link.
Thought that I share with you guys.

That's been on here for I don't know how long now. In the end its a scam through and through.

We appreciate that too. Just be careful...sometimes those ads wind up linking to a virus.
I'm sure no computer genius...to start with...

But... Zone Alarm is 'malware' and took a day and a half to remove all the 'scraps' crap it leaves behind.....

I know someone will say.."I've been using it for years..works great"...and you're full of ****...

OK...then try to remove it from your computer..just leaves 'bones' that you got to.."find"..then to remove them all
(as said took me a day and a half..my computer dude said he could do it in 2 hours..$180...OUCH..!!..I think not..!!)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Had to laugh..as I remember the pics you posted about 6 or so months ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tree down...everything looked easy...rolled tree...branch sprung up...hit me in the forehead.

No damage done...safety glasses on... - - Got a real nice 'shiner'...(black-eye for a month)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to tell everyone that I had got into a bar-room fight.......

I kicked 4 asses..then one 'whodooed' me be from behind
---------------------------------------------------------------
Couldn't get anyone one to believe me...did get one woman to...ask..."really"... - had to confess..!!..LOL..!!

(what the heck...at 66 yrs. ---I sometimes don't even believe myself..!!)

Looked ..sooo...simple - - that's when you make dumb mistakes - - in .."20/20 hindsight"..perspective..!!

(and ....'gologit'....you are a "dawg"...!!..lol..!!)..:msp_wink:
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Google china and stihl, or china and husqvarna and there are some very scarily close copies available.

The manufacturing industry that was happy with lead paint on kids toys has taken another step lower in my eyes recently. And these saws aren't helping. They've also been caught out selling herbicides with high levels of dioxin, when there should be none. A lovely return to the Agent Orange days.

Back