Anyone else here that can't stand the US Postal Service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really sure, but it seems priority and first class tracking is different. I use priority quite often and never had a problem, but it seems like a lot of posts like this are involving first class tracking. I guess its always within a couple bucks to go priority so I always go that route.

i hate that also that they are slow but if you look at when shipping label was created on the 3rd and not accepted till the 5th shows the seller /shipper was lacking in shipping I deal a lot with slow shippers on ebay one even messaged me and said after made a shipping label and not being accepted for 5 days that the wheel I ordered was on backorder and wouldn't be in for a few weeks so some blame should go on the shipper also

I've shipped several hundred items through USPS, and have received probably more, and have never had a single issue...and that was with items weighing a few ounces to a MIG welder that weighed over 50 lbs.

I do primarily use Priority, but have still had good results with First Class.

UPS and FedEx can pick and chose the profitable parts of the business, which leaves USPS stuck with the rest. They also have no obligation whatsoever to accept your business - what if economic conditions get tight and they need to cut costs?

My local postmaster is nothing but a nosy busy-body. Got her nose in everyone's business. Buddy of mine was trying to mail something and she was acting like she didn't have a clue as to what he wanted. He stormed out to go get a pen out of the truck. She was yakking on the phone when he came in, when he came back in, she was back on the phone telling her friend how stupid he was. When she turned and saw him standing there, she knew he overheard her. He got p.o.'d, went home and called the postal service and filed a complaint against her. She sent an apology letter with a book of free stamps. Many packages I receive from them are torn-up, damaged, etc. But it's not their fault because YOU didn't insure it! They remind me of the old Samsonite commercial where the gorilla is throwing their suitcase around the cage.

I ship most everything through the post office. The only issue I've ever had was when shipping to Canada. The tracking stopped as soon as it got to Canadian Customs, but the package did arrive at the destination... Several weeks later. I dont believe that was the fault of the USPS, since Canada Post had the package.

The USPS has a constitutional obligation to deliver mail in the United States, for a reasonable fee.

I've found some of the folks that work for USPS to be very good and some just typical.

What I do like is the First Class option. By far the most reasonable rate on small parts.

Anymore, I almost use the USPS exclusively. For the most part, it works out pretty well. I always pay for the tracking feature.

There have been times, when a parcel I sent arrives later than when it should have. And, there have been times when it arrives earlier than what I was told.

My main complaint is the wait time standing in line. That.....and those that arrive to ship something, and their parcel isn't even close to being ready. Some show up, the box isn't sealed, they are worried about the contents, and have yet to address the parcel.

Idiots I tell you.....complete idiots. :mad:

Yeah, that is most of the reason that they still exist.. They sell money orders at a fair price, and serve the folks of their community, and take care of them. And most of those cannot spell, let alone fill out the money orders, and pay their bills. The post offices here
help them with that.

Standing in line? That would piss me off too! Glad to live in a very rural area with a one room, one person post office with never a line. :)

I wouldn't mind so much waiting in line and for my turn. That's if everyone else was as prepared as I am.

I swear, some act like it's their very first trip to a frigging post office and they don't have any idea as to what needs to be done.

Don't even get me started on those that want a passport and have a 1000 questions to ask about it.

I'm waiting on parts for a saw build, and as usual I'm having an issue with the USPS.

Damn tracking is a complete POS. Latest check shows that my parts shoulda arrived two days ago. Not one friggen update in 3-4 days in the tracking.

This doesn't ever happen with UPS or Fedex, ever.

Typical Government agency that just sucks. Those Phuckers deserve to go out of business.
:clap::clap:

I have had problems lately with UPS, apparently sitting on packages so that they don't deliver them too fast? Their tracking shows them sitting in warehouses for several days.

One item expected yesterday via UPS was listed as 'Delayed due to weather', so that puts it 3 days (1 business day) later due to the weekend. USPS delivers on Saturday for no extra fees. It has been brutally cold in some parts of the country, including here. I usually use USPS tracking to tell me when something sent Priority Mail got there. The dates on the First Class receipts are just estimates.

Philbert

The shipping issues I have had lately is the Fed-Ex to USPS for final delivery. The last two shipments (this week and 2 weeks ago) got "stuck" between the systems and sat motionless for over a week each.

Communication and tracking to follow your package

Was that reply to me?

If so, I do understand that is your complaint, but you did not answer my question. In fact no one has.

So, when complaing about USPS and saying UPS or FEDEX is better, are you talking about services that cost the same? It simple really

Was that reply to me?

If so, I do understand that is your complaint, but you did not answer my question. In fact no one has.

So, when complaing about USPS and saying UPS or FEDEX is better, are you talking about services that cost the same? It simple really
Has nothing to do with cost. Tracking is the problem. For me I wanna be able to follow the part Im needing so I can tell the customer an approx. Time of repair. Ups is the best for tracking to me. I sign up for phone text and it updates everytime its processed at different locations and gives me about a 3 hr window delivery time. Usps is better if the purchase was through ebay as I can follow it the same but what the local postal carrier decides to do is a different story

If I wait less than 30 mins in line at the Post Office it's a good day. The clerks are never in a hurry, plodding along with zero sense of urgency. People waiting in line... oh... well... I'm going on break.

Yak Yak Yak with the customer... yeah it's nice to be friendly and chat a bit, but do the shipping while chatting at least! The 40 people waiting in line don't give a damn about how the kids are doing, how the arthritis is acting up, etc.

The big thing that slows down the works is USPS doesn't deliver packages if it doesn't fit in the mailbox. You get a slip instead and have to go pick it up at the post office. I'd guess that easily 60% of the customers in line are waiting to get a package versus shipping something.
It's bullcrap being the postage is paid to deliver from point A to point B, not A to almost B!

Give the slip to the clerk and they slowly plod to the back and if your lucky 10 mins later they plod back with the box... or often "we can't find it come back later"

Here USPS is pretty much the only choice for reasonable price shipping. UPS and Fedex are quite expensive, at times 3-4x more than USPS.

Standing in line? That would piss me off too! Glad to live in a very rural area with a one room, one person post office with never a line. :)

If I wait less than 30 mins in line at the Post Office it's a good day. The clerks are never in a hurry, plodding along with zero sense of urgency. Yak Yak Yak with the customer... yeah it's nice to be friendly and chat a bit, but do the shipping while chatting at least! The 40 people waiting in line don't give a damn about how the kids are doing, how the arthritis is acting up, etc.

The big thing that slows down the works is USPS doesn't deliver packages if it doesn't fit in the mailbox. You get a slip instead and have to go pick it up at the post office. I'd guess that easily 60% of the customers in line are waiting to get a package versus shipping something.
It's bullcrap being the postage is paid to deliver from point A to point B, not A to almost B!

Here USPS is pretty much the only choice for reasonable price shipping. UPS and Fedex are quite expensive, at times 3-4x more than USPS.
How about getting a mailbox at home? I had a po box at the PO and canceled it and put a mailbox up in my yard! Best move I ever made! Is that an option for you?

The mailbox is at home... well at the end of the road about 1/2 a mile from my house. They don't deliver mail to houses, just mailboxes by the highway. If it won't fit in the box, it doesn't get delivered. Oh and I tried putting a really big mailbox. That didn't work, they measure the packages and if it's over a certain size it won't go, no matter the mailbox size.

The mailbox for the shop is about 75ft from the front door and they don't deliver packages here either.

Latest posts

Back