ArborWare "tech" pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of the ArborWear Tech pants. They come in Forest Green or Black.
pants_tech.jpg

Originally posted by Oxman
Here's a pic of the ArborWear Tech pants. They come in Forest Green or Black.
pants_tech.jpg

Nice looking pocket lay out, looking at pic anyway. I'd get some when I've got the cash for new out fit.

Thanks,
Jack

I don't know.  I'm thinking I'd have to be doing some leg strap unbuckling to get at those side pockets.

Originally posted by glens
I don't know.  I'm thinking I'd have to be doing some leg strap unbuckling to get at those side pockets.

Glens,

Do you think that Paul and Bill or any of the field testers would have come up with a design that would require leg straps to be undone?

Who makes these pants? Oh, yeah, ARBOR...as in TREE...WEAR as in put them on and go to work. Not Car...like automobile...hartt...like hard and stiff as tin chimneys. What does Dickie know about making tree climbing pants?

In case you can't see the smile on my face, this post is steeped in smart-mouth :)

Joking aside, you don't have to unclip leg straps to get to the pockets. In fact, with my Butterfly II I can get into the upper pockets without too much struggle.

Tom

are the arbor wear pants cut proof?if they wernt i wouldnt bother myself........heres some new zealand made stihl branded pants summer weight at $180 per pair there cheap insurance,main arterys run down your legs and do a dog leg at your calf muscle hit that and lose a litre of blood and its all but over,ive been witness to it.anyway each to there own if your happy in your levis fair enough.

I like the cut of the Tech pants. I also like the concept of Arborwear as a company. They aren't getting my business for two reasons.
1. Price. I do believe in paying for quality but when I can purchase 5-8 GOOD items for the price of 1 "great" item, good usually wins.
2. Material. The Tech Pants are nylon.-That is good for wear, wicking and coolness ( I guess-the only nylon pants I ever tried were sticky in the heat). Have you ever met anyone who went through a fire in synthetic clothing? They won't even consider anything other than cotton, wool or silk. I don't expect to get set on fire but while I'm working with gasoline powered equipment that throws sparks I think I'll play it safer.:angel:

After the Falklands war the British Navy looked at the use of synthetics. That's because there were fires on board the ships.

But...discounting the use of synthetics because of the possible fire risk is a little on the fringe I think. I've spent many days and nights standing around fires in the middle of winter on the Canada-MN border in nothing but plastic clothing. There are only a few holes in any of my gear. And those holes are only in the outer layers. Does ANYONE know of a fire related to a chainsaw?

I'll run the risk of melted clothing for better performance. I offset the cost of the clothes by going down a notch in beer quality for a while. :)

When considering risk, remember that over 46,000 people die every year on US roads. And, as a society, we don't seem that concerned.

Tom

Tom, Your point is well taken.- The price and material work together to discourage me. If the Tech pants were $25 I'd give nylon a try. If the material were non flammable I might spring $35 to try them. $80 bucks AND Synthetic-no thanks.:(

tom,i have seem a fire created by a chainsaw but i must admit its very rare,the muffler on a shin 757 sticks out a little while blocking up some stringy bark you see a imprint of muffler,anyway job was done and off i went,i came back down the road and there was a small grass fire lucky for me i got it out easily with a rake-hoe.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
Tom makes a good point, you won't run an old dull Homelite, but you'll wear $16 Dickies.
What's up with that?
Live large, treat yourself, lifes too short.

agreed mike,but the homelite is going to slow you down just a little:)

Those pants look snazzy but I am inclined to say no. I use a chainsaw in the tree so just like my jacket, I like protection. For twice the price, you can get Strech Airs. Tree climbing pants WITH protection.

When working a tree over with a Zubat, I use other pants from jeans to really nice climbing pants from Mammut.

We're not allowed synthetics in line clearance. I bought 2 pair though.

Mike

i dont think i actually know anyone who hasn't cut themselves with a pruning saw, they're more dangerous than a chainsaw if you ask me

My silky got a taste of me on Thursday. I'll post a pic if your interested. Cuts deeper more quickly than a fanno but the cuts seem to heal well.

Originally posted by xander9727
My silky got a taste of me on Thursday. I'll post a pic if your interested. Cuts deeper more quickly than a fanno but the cuts seem to heal well.
Tom knows how I feel, but every time I see the word "heal" I always think of the heal/seal topic with trees. People heal, trees seal.... Good luck healing. :)

Back