Are California saws different?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric106

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know in years past manufacturers often had slightly different models of engine powered products to meet CARB requirements that were stricter than the EPA. Is this the case with current production saws? If I get a new MS 201T will it be different if I pick it up in California than another state?

-Eric

yes because chainsaw have been shown to cause cancer in the state of California

Yes, it will be different. It will cost you significantly more due to the high taxes we are forced to pay to live / work here.

Lol, thats funny. :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

He isn't joking:

backyard-cancer.jpg

Cancer-California-Prop-65-Sign-S-0287.gif

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e8c357dd0970d-600wi

K5804.png

Wood%252520dust%252520warning.jpg

Yes, it will be different. It will cost you significantly more due to the high taxes we are forced to pay to live / work here.

Price and cost are easy to compare but I am curious if there are any other less obvious differences like with the muffler or carburetor.

-Eric

Hey WYK........

You best leave that state now while your strong enough !

Do they have any more signs or is that all of them ?:hmm3grin2orange:

I know in years past manufacturers often had slightly different models of engine powered products to meet CARB requirements that were stricter than the EPA. Is this the case with current production saws? If I get a new MS 201T will it be different if I pick it up in California than another state?

-Eric

Eric,

I was going to say that CA saws are mostly blonde and look better in bikinis, but I thought you asked a good question and held back. Then these other guys chimed in.

Maybe you can contact the regional STIHL distributor and ask:

Pacific STIHL
9860 Ferguson Ave
Suite A
Visalia, CA 93291
Telephone: 559-651-1890

Make it sound like you want the CA saws to be more environmentally friendly, so that they don't feel the need to hide anything. They also distribute to Nevada and Arizona, so they would know.

Then get back to us with what you find!

Philbert

You best leave that state now while your strong enough !

Do they have any more signs or is that all of them ?:hmm3grin2orange:

I was astonished to find that most public buildings here seem to have warnings regarding cancer. It all seems to silly. I have some friends here since I went to HS and University in Cali. I tend to live outside of the state if I can help it. My permanent residence is Texas for tax purposes(and I consider it my home when stateside). Still, in the last 5 years I have only spent 1 in Texas, nearly 3 in Europe, the rest in Washington and Oregon.

Yep, the ones that were made in LA are still the World's best chainsaws.

I'd have to agree with you my friend..........except I'd put the saws made in Shreveport, LA and Port Chester, NY during the same time period in the same category as the saws made in Los Angeles, Ca.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back