Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a possible lot of 460's coming my way so I'm sure I'm going to test the valspar out . I'm just sick of painting a saw and having it chip right out of the gate on the first tests cuts lolol :chainsaw::angry:
Valspar wont do that but make sure it has ample time to dry. Also make sure its the tractor and implement paint

Put a new top end in a 5105, mild port work. Just smoothed out and squared them up. Put a muffler mod to it and called it done.
Next problem, why did it get smoked in the first place? I ran it a little bit, it has erratic rpm. You check rpm once and it will only rev 10,000. Blip the throttle a few times and check again and it will run 13,300. It would run well for a bit and cut good and next cut it would bog and only rev to 10,000 or so.

So, I'll soak the carb in some cleaner and do a vac/pressure test. Anyone else ever have a similar problem?
Vac. Leak?

It would run well for a bit and cut good and next cut it would bog and only rev to 10,000 or so.

So, I'll soak the carb in some cleaner and do a vac/pressure test. Anyone else ever have a similar problem?

I had a 200t doin that once...welch plug in the carb was loose so it was just dumping fuel...wouldn't rev over about 9500-10

The way it always goes for me.

As for paint, nothing beats (besides powder coating) going to a PPG automotive paint dealer and picking up single stage urethane. Around $60 for a pint with reducer and hardener. They can color match it anyway you want and the finish is nearly indestructible.
I hope you're right, just got done painting the rear bumper cover of wife's Merc with PPG Urethane. I've generally had good luck with that paint.

I hope you're right, just got done painting the rear bumper cover of wife's Merc with PPG Urethane. I've generally had good luck with that paint.
It's all about the primer on the bumper, I hope you know that.

The pink primer flexes, as does the color and clear. The grey primer doesnt, so if it gets tapped in a parking lot, the primer will splinter with the color on top.

It's all about the primer on the bumper, I hope you know that.

The pink primer flexes, as does the color and clear. The grey primer doesnt, so if it gets tapped in a parking lot, the primer will splinter with the color on top.
I used black primer on the bumper followed by the paint which is sorta black also. Since this is my wife's car all repairs are short term. I'll probably be painting it again anyway since this is her Walmart car..
I used black primer because she drove around for several weeks with just the primer on the bumper and it kinda matched the color of the car, which is dark gray metallic. Yes I know about flex on those plastic bumpers.

I wish they'd come out with some aftermarket covers dammit! It just need to have them.

On the bench now is an MS270 which I just bought at the flea market, needs a gas cap and has a broken throttle trigger. I have a new flippy cap, tried it on the saw and it wouldn't work. It appears that it was made backwards so I'll have to go find another new one. I'm not sure of the trigger part number, the IPL shows two, guess I'll have to take it off and hope the part number is on it..

image.jpg It's 8.5 homemade Indian rye saison beer LOL bla bla bla
Other wise strong **** and help with my patience lolololololol

Latest posts

Back