Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got one last week, I split by hand for 40 years, but I love that 22 ton CountyLine hydro already, especially the vertical feature! Darn thing seems to go through anything, and the build in log cradle is a nice feature when using in horizontal mode.

Just wish the splitting implement was a little taller, like BBB's!

I think they are essentially the same unit Randy, made by Speeco. Mine has Kohler 6.5 Hp motor. I'm pleasantly surprised regarding the power, it slows, but will not stop! I'm glad to hear they hold up well.

The tires are a little small, so I put it in the trailer to transport, rides much better.

Looks like the jugs on your bench take care of themselves
This 440 was painted with Valspar Tractor and Implement Paint in a rattle can in husky orange and AC colors. Ive did several saws with this paint and if u let air dry about three days its hard as a rock!! Did this 262 in valspar husky alsoView attachment 421956View attachment 421957
hey bud lol
Working on an 046 build , were can I pick up that valspat tractor paint :)
All I find is order.

My new Husqvarna 550 is on my bench. It was delivered on Monday evening. Spent some time figuring out how to reset the chain brake. Started her up and there was the slight hesitation off idle. Found Snellings comments about the adjustment on the air bleed screw. Took the carburetor off and backed the jet off a 1/4 turn. reassembled and the hesitation was gone. Very happy. The search function is really your friend.. LOL

Hey guys well I got the valspar on order but I told a friend of mine my concerns about durability and he gave me a can of this image.jpg
It sprays nice and coats well
I like it because it states that it's gas & chemical resistant. I'll let u guy know how it turns out when I test the saw
MS460

I have three MS250s on the bench and on a card table and on the floor, bought these at a flea market in various degrees of completeness. Ordered parts and am waiting for them to get here. I think when I'm done I would have been better off financially if I'd bought three new ones. The idea was to sell 2 and keep the third but as it is now I may have to sell all three..

The valspar dries hard as a rock
I have a possible lot of 460's coming my way so I'm sure I'm going to test the valspar out . I'm just sick of painting a saw and having it chip right out of the gate on the first tests cuts lolol :chainsaw::angry:

I have three MS250s on the bench and on a card table and on the floor, bought these at a flea market in various degrees of completeness. Ordered parts and am waiting for them to get here. I think when I'm done I would have been better off financially if I'd bought three new ones. The idea was to sell 2 and keep the third but as it is now I may have to sell all three..
The way it always goes for me.

As for paint, nothing beats (besides powder coating) going to a PPG automotive paint dealer and picking up single stage urethane. Around $60 for a pint with reducer and hardener. They can color match it anyway you want and the finish is nearly indestructible.

Put a new top end in a 5105, mild port work. Just smoothed out and squared them up. Put a muffler mod to it and called it done.
Next problem, why did it get smoked in the first place? I ran it a little bit, it has erratic rpm. You check rpm once and it will only rev 10,000. Blip the throttle a few times and check again and it will run 13,300. It would run well for a bit and cut good and next cut it would bog and only rev to 10,000 or so.

So, I'll soak the carb in some cleaner and do a vac/pressure test. Anyone else ever have a similar problem?

Latest posts

Back