Backbarring the undercut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really? that's a hassle. I been runnin stihl orange bottle at 40-1 since I started. that much diff. in the oil?

with 200-220 psi it helps the main bearings last longer ,it doen't build carbon on the piston like the stihl mix does ,this piston has about 20 tanks of fuel ran through it View attachment 303425

have a good weekend , i'm out

Ok, mccullochs are good saws, no arguement from me.

No argument from me either. Someday I will get one of those PM850's just to have. Theres a few on flea bay all the time. Just getting parts for em around here kinda sucks.

Also, a 660 is not going to be any faster in the stuff TC has been cutting than a good 460

Totally disagree with you there. You will absolutely put more wood on the ground in a day with a 660 vs a 460.

That extra weight of a larger saw you get used too. When I'm out cutting the saw doesn't feel like much until the last hour of the day or so. At that point it doesn't matter what saw you are running.

Totally disagree with you there. You will absolutely put more wood on the ground in a day with a 660 vs a 460.

That extra weight of a larger saw you get used too. When I'm out cutting the saw doesn't feel like much until the last hour of the day or so. At that point it doesn't matter what saw you are running.

I retract my previous statement:msp_confused:
As a saw guy, I would expect a good 76cc saw with a 7pin and a good chain to get through what appears to be 20" pine just as fast as a good 92cc saw with the same setup. As I have never logged a day in my life I will leave best falling saw to people who actually fall. I still think a Bitzerized 460 is his best bet, #### there I go again!:jester:

I Concur. With all of it.-Howdy bitz! Find a forwarder op. yet? that way you can run yer big block saw!!! I just sold a Ms441. To big to thin w/ and to small to cut w/. i like a 5 c.i. plus saw myself. The ms 460 as far as Stihl goes is were i start w/ a fallin' saw. thin w/ 362's . Power waitin' is better than pow:chainsawguy::cheers:er expectin'

Latest posts

Back