Backbarring the undercut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa there TC! Ya wanna post on my thread ya gotta learn to fall like me! Your whole ####ing video was a minute. I take 15 minutes minimum to overcome gravity. Matching cuts?!? What kind of bull#### is that?! There are no matching cuts allowed on my threads! Seriously, u'r first video a ways back I was thinking I hang with this skinny assed dude no problem. Man was I wrong, you are moving through the timber these days. Good on ya mate!
With all earned respect, HS

Whoa there TC! Ya wanna post on my thread ya gotta learn to fall like me! Your whole ####ing video was a minute. I take 15 minutes minimum to overcome gravity. Matching cuts?!? What kind of bull#### is that?! There are no matching cuts allowed on my threads! Seriously, u'r first video a ways back I was thinking I hang with this skinny assed dude no problem. Man was I wrong, you are moving through the timber these days. Good on ya mate!
With all earned respect, HS

Easy there tiger, f:censored:

need to open up the exhaust on that 460 ,let it breathe some :msp_wink:

need to open up the exhaust on that 460 ,let it breathe some :msp_wink:

You're about six months late to the "TC's tired 460" discussion. We've already decided it needs a new top end. He's been offered free porting by Bitz. But that man is dead set on hauling around 1/6th of his body weight in the form of an ms660:rock:

You're about six months late to the "TC's tired 460" discussion. We've already decided it needs a new top end. He's been offered free porting by Bitz. But that man is dead set on hauling around 1/6th of his body weight in the form of an ms660:rock:

my 460 sounded like that when it was bone stock ,i opened up the stock outlet to about 14mm ,and added a dual port front cover ,has a nice deep throaty sound now ,(has some cylinder and piston mods too )

Yeh...needs work for sure. I am now rotating (3) 046 and they are pretty equal. The vids I made this morning are from the 3rd saw but I will bet it sounds just as tired.

do you have 150 psi comp or better ? i think mine has around 175 by taking the base gasket out and running sealer instead of a gasket ,my squish is .023 without a gasket ,doing that and the dual port adds about 1/2 a horse i think ,doesn't sound like a lot ,but its noticable in tourque ,helps pull the longer bars better

It's better to have a 660 and haul it around, than to not have one and wish you could. So what, its heavy , its supposed to be. Like the 394 or 395 isn't.
50 lb barbell curls and shoulder press will cu:hmm3grin2orange:re all that

do you have 150 psi comp or better ? i think mine has around 175 by taking the base gasket out and running sealer instead of a gasket ,my squish is .023 without a gasket ,doing that and the dual port adds about 1/2 a horse i think ,doesn't sound like a lot ,but its noticable in tourque ,helps pull the longer bars better

I got the exact same results from my 385. If you have enough squish, I really can't unlerstand leaving that gasket in. 25 "free" psi in my case. Very noticeable torque increase

this is how my 460 sounds with the dual port ,its on the sawmill so it looks like the chain is dull ,but its not ,when milling the way your cutting it just is slow ,but it gives you a nicer finish with the ripping chain [video=youtube;K--HTUhYpFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K--HTUhYpFk[/video]

It's better to have a 660 and haul it around, than to not have one and wish you could. So what, its heavy , its supposed to be. Like the 394 or 395 isn't.
50 lb barbell curls and shoulder press will cu:hmm3grin2orange:re all that

660's and 394/395's are awesome. They're the kind of saw I can run because I'm not doing the work and moving at the pace TC runs. Also, a 660 is not going to be any faster in the stuff TC has been cutting than a good 460

Back