Bad feedback here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodfarmer said:
...why would i even get stuck for the shipping?

Woodfarmer, that is exactly how some eBayware sellers get people to keep crappy items. > Example: You win a saw for $120.00, and pay $30.00 shipping. It's a POS, not as described, the seller will refund your money, but not the shipping, and they want the saw back. If you return it you're out $60.00 on shipping for a saw that you don't have, but you have $90.00 back. Is returning the saw worth it? Some eBay sellers thrive on people not wanting to eat the shipping. <

I think that eBay should make the seller cover ALL shipping on a clearly misrepresented item, but we all know that eBay won't do that.

I recently passed on a Jred 920, BIN $175.00 + $25.00 s/h. The listing, to me, had several red flags. If it was as described, it was a steal. If the red flags and what I saw in the photos were true, the seller had a wornout POS saw. If anyone here purchased the saw, I'd love to hear about it.

i truly believe ebay sides with the seller, therefore i will go through my credit card company for the full amount. i also feel i should send it back right away, the longer i hold onto it the more chances for things not to go my way, any thoughts?

Give him a phone call. Just remember at this point it still could be an honest mistake, and be nice. You might be able to work something out.

My experience, as a seller, is that when customers are nice, I'm nice back. But, if the first thing I hear from a buyer is name calling and how much money I should give them back they get no where fast.

You should be able to find his 'contact information' to get his phone number or this link might work http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofocus=bs&sacat=-1&catref=C5&amp;sspagename=h:h:advsearch:US&from=R7&nojspr=y&fsop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=3&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

Good luck with it

Edited to add:
DON'T send it back unless you get in contact with the seller and arrange something, you might end up in the hole and without a saw.

I see Seth Fry is back selling 2 084 saws under a new name Seth is the guy that sold the Ray Charles 181 to me I hope you treat these guys better than you did me

Its not the handle that was the problem UPS broke that I dont blame you for that The saw you sold was shat it came with the wrong rings that you said were 181 rings you said it had a extra new piston it was not new and you said it ran great and it did not because the compression was so low it would not start and you did not send me the 9 pin sproket or the woodsman pro bar that was in the picture and you said it came with it when I talked to you on the phone Also I pm'ed you and called and no call back so I left you a bad feedback If you would have called we could have worked this out But you did not stand up like a MAN!!!! and take responsibilty for the saw you sold to me

It did'nt start because the air is thicker on the west coast,the carb on that 181 was very tempermeatal.If you still have the saw,do not warm the head up.keep the switch on off fill the chamber with 2 pulls then switch on for fire,Then call me.Alcohol carbs are fun to adjust you just have to wait for the temp to drop

Chris J. said:
Example: You win a saw for $120.00, and pay $30.00 shipping. It's a POS, not as described, the seller will refund your money, but not the shipping, and they want the saw back. If you return it you're out $60.00 on shipping for a saw that you don't have, but you have $90.00 back. Is returning the saw worth it? Some eBay sellers thrive on people not wanting to eat the shipping. <

I think that eBay should make the seller cover ALL shipping on a clearly misrepresented item, but we all know that eBay won't do that.

Chris,

I agree that is true in some situations let's look at the other side. A guy decides he wants to cut a tree but is too cheap to buy a saw. The local rental store wants too much to rent a saw and he knows if he returns it broke
the will nail him. He decides to buy a used saw off ebay use it, complain, the return it. You may think I am off base but this has happened. I sold a 028 to a guy. He had it for quite sometime then returned it with a broken chainbrake. It was obvious what he had done. He still got a refund.

Bill

Chris J. said:
Woodfarmer, that is exactly how some eBayware sellers get people to keep crappy items. > Example: You win a saw for $120.00, and pay $30.00 shipping. It's a POS, not as described, the seller will refund your money, but not the shipping, and they want the saw back. If you return it you're out $60.00 on shipping for a saw that you don't have, but you have $90.00 back. Is returning the saw worth it? Some eBay sellers thrive on people not wanting to eat the shipping. <

I personally agree. I have been on the other side with listing tons of part saws but I would state that I had no knowledge of problems with the saw. I have also stated saws and parts wrong. It was my obligation to make it right and either offer price break on the saws if they wanted to keep it or a refund plus the shipping to get it back to me. On my parts, I just ask them to return for a swap or refund and the shipping fee it cost to get back to me. Alot of people feel that if they misrepresent the item and state in the description "Sold as Is" that it will counter the description they gave on it. For me, thats not right but thats just my opinion.

John Dolmar said:
It did'nt start because the air is thicker on the west coast,the carb on that 181 was very tempermeatal.If you still have the saw,do not warm the head up.keep the switch on off fill the chamber with 2 pulls then switch on for fire,Then call me.Alcohol carbs are fun to adjust you just have to wait for the temp to drop
Maybe I should sell all my saws now Because the west coast air wont let them run Come on dude Do you realy think I have never had a Alky saw Also that saw that you sold me had under 75lbs compression maybe thats why it would not start

hello everybody,
I am new to selling on ebay. My first item that I tried to sell was a wisconsin engine that I also put a thread on here about. It was a nice engine and ran great. Around here in my neck of the woods, no one wanted to give two cents for it, so I wanted a bigger audience. That happened on there but I got some guy calling me a ripoff cause I told him to ship it to nebraska was going to cost 500.00. All I could find was a quick quote from fedex. I know, I know there are cheaper alternatives, I didn't know of them. I even told this guy as he was ranting how he has bought stuff and had it shipped for not even a quarter of that. So I said so who do you ship through? Never did tell me. I ended up selling it for 142.00 to a guy that drove two and half hour to get it. He is more than happy with it and I got my first feedback and guess what???? It was a positive.
just my experience so far. I have a small chainsaw on there now, it nothing that I haven't said it was. I think whoever gets it will be happy.
Mike

If you ship by Parcel Post, be sure you get either insurance or delivery confirmation, as I sent one Parcel Post as he wanted it cheap, it took two weeks to get there; and, he filed for a refund with PayPal about four days before it arrived. From now on I'm going to insist that they 'buy' either insurance or delivery confirmation so the saw can be tracked if it gets lost or is over due.:angry:

that is all fine and dandy and then you have a guy that says you over price shipping because you put insurance and tracking on the package
I have a roll of chain in Maryland because the man charge 30.00 to ship it and then sent it parcel post for 1/2 that with 50.00 of insurance
i am screwed
also you might have read about the post under 14 saws for sale that I was high on shipping I sent the saw on Friday I was 2.00 under my qoute and I still had to buy a box and packing material
my recommendation is never ship parcel post it sucks

Last edited:

i've never bought a used saw and had any good luck with it I always buy new unless i'm in a pickle for a part right away used saws or ok for spare parts but for a runner good chance you will get bit in the but, i would recommend if your going to buy one ask the seller to pull the muffler and take a good digital picture for you of the cylendar or pull the muffler yourself before you try to start it you can tell alot by pulling the muffler good luck if your still having problems i have used 288 parts comming out my ying yang i don't have any husky pistons with 2 rings though mine all have one ring , i think the 3120 might have 2

I have had it with Ebay!!!!! I have had my account hacked now twice. They can go shove that site where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!!!

mike

Most people don't get there account hacked. Most get fooled by spoofed email with the BS of need password...Credit Card needs to be updated.

Back