Bad forum!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazman1602

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
.........knew that one would get your attention so why?

Well, after being a member here for a few years you'd think I had enough sense to stay away but NOOOOOO, can't do that. GAWD last time I spent a winter surfing this board I was thinking about collecting old McColloughs because I've still got the Pro Mac 610 I bought in '80 when wife and I got married...

Just wanted to admit my addiction and show you to see the new 346XP I picked up because of what a good rep they have here, darn strange what gets a mid-50's man excited :

https://picasaweb.google.com/101951...?authkey=Gv1sRgCP6g5pvBtv6DfQ&feat=directlink

Picasa is a new web service to ME so I hope you can get to the links, if not just let me know and I'll go back to the old reliable photobucket.

Couldn't help myself as I had the cash so now that you done gone and corrupted me AGAIN what do you think?

Which chain should I try first on this one? This saw has a .058 18" bar on it, I was hoping to get one to match my 353 .050 bar so I could interchange chains but that's OK because this little saw RIPS although it's not broken in yet -- yes, I couldn't help but to go stick it in some wood................<grin>

I'm a gonna start reading again, when I bought my 353 you guys were REALLY helpful as to what I could do to wake that thing up after warrenty ran out and I did a muffler mod and tuned it properly and it's been ripping wood for four years now.

So what do I need to look at to do to this little beauty of a 346XP as soon as warrenty is out? Or does it really need any "waking up"? Any and all opinions welcome, and thanks SO much for all your help here.

Man there is something wrong with me to have all these saws even though one's for sale
:hmm3grin2orange:

Congrats on the new 346XP Tazman1602; I was just looking on-line at them this a.m. The 18" bar is ideal, but it should handle a 20" easily enough.

Nope can't see the pic's, all that's there is a Port and Starboard view of a Husky?:confused:

Which reminds me, I should list my CP-70 in the classifieds?

Well, after being a member here for a few years you'd think I had enough sense to stay away but NOOOOOO, can't do that. GAWD last time I spent a winter surfing this board I was thinking about collecting old McColloughs because I've still got the Pro Mac 610 I bought in '80 when wife and I got married...

Just wanted to admit my addiction and show you to see the new 346XP I picked up because of what a good rep they have here, darn strange what gets a mid-50's man excited :

https://picasaweb.google.com/101951...?authkey=Gv1sRgCP6g5pvBtv6DfQ&feat=directlink

Picasa is a new web service to ME so I hope you can get to the links, if not just let me know and I'll go back to the old reliable photobucket.

Couldn't help myself as I had the cash so now that you done gone and corrupted me AGAIN what do you think?

Which chain should I try first on this one? This saw has a .058 18" bar on it, I was hoping to get one to match my 353 .050 bar so I could interchange chains but that's OK because this little saw RIPS although it's not broken in yet -- yes, I couldn't help but to go stick it in some wood................<grin>

I'm a gonna start reading again, when I bought my 353 you guys were REALLY helpful as to what I could do to wake that thing up after warrenty ran out and I did a muffler mod and tuned it properly and it's been ripping wood for four years now.

So what do I need to look at to do to this little beauty of a 346XP as soon as warrenty is out? Or does it really need any "waking up"? Any and all opinions welcome, and thanks SO much for all your help here.

Man there is something wrong with me to have all these saws even though one's for sale

I would think the 18" would suit it well. The 346 is on my "bucket list" of saws. Congrats!
Chainsaws

Congrats on the new 346XP Tazman1602; I was just looking on-line at them this a.m. The 18" bar is ideal, but it should handle a 20" easily enough.

Both really are too long for best handling, but they sure will work OK on the saw.

My advice is to get a 16" bar as the main one, and use the longer ones only when really needed. :msp_wink:

Awesome snag!:msp_tongue: I shot some 346 rep your way...:rock:

Thanks Troll,

All my bars now are 18" so I'll probably keep them the same length as I'm used to them. My 353 feels fine with it's 18" bar but you are correct -- point of balance IS better with a 16" bar as I've tried it.

I have a 20" on my 372 and that's a long bar (to me..). I have a 24" bar for it that it came with and that didn't last very long, felt like I was right out of a 70's movie, all I could see was hurting myself with the two-footer...

Just dying to find out how the new saw cuts in some real firewood, was just out buzzing up some poplar but we know what that stuff is...

jrr344 ----- IT'S NOT A POULAN!!!

You must not have been on here in a while, The stihl ms261 is out and the new king of the 50cc saws. Just kidding. I am trying to decide if a 346 or a ms261 is in my future. It is always nice to buy a new saw.

congrats on the saw!!!! yes, it needs mods. start with an unlimited coil and a MM. then decide how crazy you want to go.
i run 20" bars on mine, but i'm taller than average and i like the reach and not having to stoop. i run 3/8"s on mine, but that is mostly for simplicities sake. i need to try some .325 and see how much difference it makes on them.

i was shocked when i read this comment-

You left out the best 50cc saws on the market. I personally vote for the 346XP. Last one I bought was still only $465 with a 16" B&C. Also check out the new Stihl MS261 and Dolmar 5105.

You must not have been on here in a while, The stihl ms261 is out and the new king of the 50cc saws. Just kidding. I am trying to decide if a 346 or a ms261 is in my future. It is always nice to buy a new saw.

Yeah, I have Just, been lurking is all.

and truth be known??? I was looking AWFUL hard at that new Stihl vs. the 346XP but Husky won. That MS261 is a really nice saw that Stihl finally came out with, I'm just a "Husky" guy <grin>.

Latest posts

Back