Best 50cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever dude. You're the one that posted all the misinfomation. Now you want to cover your butt with all these pathetic empty cat strikes. And your math is still wrong. $40 is 10% more than $400, not 11%. BTW, I do pay taxes on any saw I buy locally. Besides, what does that have to do with anything?

I'm done with you. Keep covering your butt.
Heh, Heh,

Well bradley $440-$395=45 dollars=11% ( off your numbers)

You aint too smart are ya bro, have fun covering YOUR butt, eh?
You know, "what comes around goes around"

The reason I have a prob with brads "unbiased" tests, are because there is always an underlying bit of propaganda.(for his services)

It sure seems he is only trying to line his own pockets.

JMHO

God Bless America!

And it just did..lol..where did that smiley come from? thats too funny!

Its a secret...lol just go to google type in whatever smiley you want and something will come up. Then there is a forum code to copy and paste. I hope i dont get in trouble, i been using it alot.

sorry gentlmen, mine is a 1980's model 038 av super which is a 50cc and around 4.7 or 5 hp. have pics of it. beautiful saw:chainsawguy:

sorry gentlmen, mine is a 1980's model 038 av super which is a 50cc and around 4.7 or 5 hp. have pics of it. beautiful saw:chainsawguy:

Hopefully that is meant as a joke!

67cc is a little more than 50cc, and that hp statement is very optimistic if the saw is anywhere near stock.....:msp_rolleyes::msp_lol:

Maybe he meant 028AV Super? Just a wild guess... definitely closer to 50cc's than the 038!

Maybe he meant 028AV Super? Just a wild guess... definitely closer to 50cc's than the 038!

Maybe, but then the hp spec he posted is even further off! :givebeer:

For the record, the hp specs from Stihl are 4.35hp for the 038 Super and 3.4hp for the 028 Super. Both are seriously overweight for the power by todays standards.

hey guys, no offense, but why are you still debating this?
is there a slight chance that other saw than THE 346 XP NE is a better 50cc saw?

WHAT ?

Maybe, but then the hp spec he posted is even further off! :givebeer:

For the record, the hp specs from Stihl are 4.35hp for the 038 Super and 3.4hp for the 028 Super. Both are seriously overweight for the power by todays standards.

Yeah ... they are ... I have had both in the last 60 days.

But I'll tell you what ... had a pristine 038AV Super ... and of the 100 or so saws I have owned ... that thing sounded better and ran like the pinnacle of old school German engineering. Super Sporty machine.

Sold it ... but remember it with great fondness.:cheers:

hey guys, no offense, but why are you still debating this?
is there a slight chance that other saw than THE 346 XP NE is a better 50cc saw?

WHAT ?

I am on the lookout for that very saw so I can decide for myself.
Till I play wit it ... I am still a believer in the Dolmar PS-5105

I expect you are right though.

PS- My New 40cc saw comes in today ! DCS401 ... woohoo !
Plus I got a Mint 372xpw yesterday with a reduced weight bar ... double woohoo!

I am on the lookout for that very saw so I can decide for myself.
Till I play wit it ... I am still a believer in the Dolmar PS-5105

I expect you are right though.

PS- My New 40cc saw comes in today ! DCS401 ... woohoo !
Plus I got a Mint 372xpw yesterday with a reduced weight bar ... double woohoo!

congrats mate.

guys, really; it hurts me to see you trouble. I was the same till I saw the light:
the best 50cc is the almighty 346 XP NE from Husqvarna. end of story.
sure 261 is close but it is a muscle saw. We are talking about the best here.
Now that we have sorted that out, what`s new?
:monkey:

guys, really; it hurts me to see you trouble. I was the same till I saw the light:
the best 50cc is the almighty 346 XP NE from Husqvarna. end of story.
sure 261 is close but it is a muscle saw. We are talking about the best here.
Now that we have sorted that out, what`s new?
:monkey:

Alright ... I want one now.

But is there a tweener class saw ... a 54-55cc that will smoke the 346xp?
[And weigh in as light?]

Latest posts

Back