best chain for cutn big wood with the 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ive been getn trees in 30 plus range and am finding the 24" bar to be the best thing since sliced bread, even when cutn branches that go almost 24"s at times.

i have the standerd husqavarna 24" chain. a windsor 50a, stihl rsc, and stihl rsc3

what im lookn at trying is either the stihl rsf(rapid super full skip) or the rsk(klassic)

what would be in your opion the best chain for the big soft would ;) lol.

or do i already have a chain plenty good enough the rsc the windsor or the rsc3.

i did try the windsor 50a today and it kicked the pants of the husqavarna chain.

i bought 20" bar and am kinda feeling like that was waste of money. everything ive been doing is way bigger than 24"s.

im also wondering if muffler modded and ported if the 359 could pull bigger than 24" .?

thanks
Evan

well im off, i myswell get RSF and RSC, i like the rsc. i tuned up the 310 last night. sharpend both the windsor chain thats on the 359 and the rsc thats on the 310.

both saws are ready to go and were off. tree isnt as big as the last one maybe over 24" but not much.

i figure with two sharp saws i may not have to sharpen on the job with this smaller tree..

I wouldn't want to run a 28" bar on a regular basis with a 359. A muffler mod and port job will certainly give it a lot more power to run the 24" bar though. Oh, it'd pull a 28" bar. I'm just not sure it'd have the authority you'd want though. You might have issues with putting out enough bar oil too.

thanks for replies.

im realy starting to like the stihl rsc chain and i think ill get the full skip version of it, the RSF.

since posting this my cutting has slowed way down. maybe cause we have lots of snow here. ive been plowing pking lots .

thanks again

Evan

Latest posts

Back