thoughts on windsor 50A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
found a windsor 50A chain in a box of my dads old stuff. its the semi chisel chain. i looked it up on the windsor site and its 3/8 .050 gauge and will work on my 359 husky. its a semi skip i think.
chain is for 24" bar and has lots of usable life left.

ive got mounted and have been getn it good and sharp.

thanks

Evan

found a windsor 50A chain in a box of my dads old stuff. its the semi chisel chain. i looked it up on the windsor site and its 3/8 .050 gauge and will work on my 359 husky. its a semi skip i think.
chain is for 24" bar and has lots of usable life left.

ive got mounted and have been getn it good and sharp.

thanks

Evan

Good chain, I used it back in the early 80s. Its not semi skip,just normal sequence.

its has two links inbetween each cutter. my husky chains have one link inbetween each cutter.

dad put this chain away without sharpening it. now im wondering where the saw went that ran it. i never realized he had saw that would run a 24" bar.

now im on the search for an old saw. this chain hasnt been used since i was 8 years old or so, im now 26. lots of history and falling pine trees with dad.

its has two links inbetween each cutter. my husky chains have one link inbetween each cutter.

dad put this chain away without sharpening it. now im wondering where the saw went that ran it. i never realized he had saw that would run a 24" bar.

now im on the search for an old saw. this chain hasnt been used since i was 8 years old or so, im now 26. lots of history and falling pine trees with dad.

well if it is .050 and full skip 3/8 then it has to be 50AX.

maybe the X is wore off. but it sure doesnt look like it, the chain is from the early 90s if not late 80s maybe things have changed since then

just went out and looked again its definate 50A chain with some kinda skip pattern.

gota do some calling around to find the saw it came off of. all i remember is itws all white pioner or something maybe. ill find it if its not at the dump

just went out and looked again its definate 50A chain with some kinda skip pattern.

gota do some calling around to find the saw it came off of. all i remember is itws all white pioneer or something maybe. ill find it if its not at the dump

EVAN:

I don't recall any Pioneer Saws being white, they were kinda a light lime green color, later on under the pioneer partner stable they were a darkish yellow in color.

Most if not all Pioneers came with .058 bars and chains.

To all who wonder:
All Windsor 3/8 .050 chain is stamped with 50A on the drivers,(full comp, and skip sequence in both chisel and semi-chisel configuration).

:eek:uttahere:

EVAN:

I don't recall any Pioneer Saws being white, they were kinda a light lime green color, later on under the pioneer partner stable they were a darkish yellow in color.

Most if not all Pioneers came with .058 bars and chains.

To all who wonder:
All Windsor 3/8 .050 chain is stamped with 50A on the drivers,(full comp, and skip sequence in both chisel and semi-chisel configuration).

:eek:uttahere:

Pioneer Holiday's are white I think. The windsor chain is pretty good. It has a smaller top plate than Carlton, but it cuts great.

Latest posts

Back